Honored Contributor

Re: Collagen success stories

@MG Chris 

Will it mix in cold liquids?  I don't drink hot coffee, I drink cold brew.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl 

So you're taking the pill form?

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@MG Chris 

Will it mix in cold liquids?  I don't drink hot coffee, I drink cold brew.

Yes

Honored Contributor

I prefer liquid collagen but I only consider it to be part of the package. 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm -- yes, capsules 2 a day.

Respected Contributor

I feel collagen does help.

I think it helps regulate the gut and helps you absorb nutrients better plus I feel it helps with joints.

There are lots of multi level marketing companies jumping on the bandwagon, pay over 100 for 10 little bottles your supposed to take daily, don't fall for that, just pick up Andrew Lessman when it's on sale or find a good one at Costco or Amazon, "fancy" and more expensive doesn't mean it's "better".

Frequent Contributor

Old remedy. Castor oil is a general healer made popular by Edgar Cayce  ,the sleeping prophet.  still popular among alternative medicine fans. No side effects . Also called 'the palm of Christ' because of its healing. Look it up.’

Frequent Contributor

Castor oil Ser Post  17  here

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A collagen supp is simply dried protein which has been treated (hydrolized) to make it into smaller pieces called amino acids. Theoretically amino acids are more bioavailable meaning they can absorb and get used by the body more easily than consuming the whole-food protein which can be fish, pork, chicken or beef sourced. No plant sources for collagen. It's always animal derived. There's no mystery about collagen supps. It's all about the nutrition you get from protein and how your body processes it or not.

When you take a collagen supp there's no way to tell where exactly the proteins are going. There's no way to target that supp to go to hair, skin or joints. The body processes it where it needs it and you can not control that.

Honored Contributor

@fanb - In February I started using a powdered form of Collagen recommended by a couple people on this board.  Am on my second container and I order it from Amazon - Vital Proteins Original Collagen Peptides with Hyaluronic Acid and Vit C.  I use one scoop a day in my coffee.  There is no taste, it is a fine powder, dissolves quickly and doesn't leave any kind of residue or grittiness.  I want to give it a 3 month try before deciding to continue or not.  But will say I have noticed that my nails are stronger.  Don't know if I notice any change in my hair, skin, or joints but I may not have been using it long enough yet to notice a difference there.