Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 98
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

So much talk of collagen  growing new hair ,as in thicker , not longer.  Any feedback? I think it is not true.  It would be good news ifI am wrong.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 22,981
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Collagen success stories

I dont think you are wrong at all!!!

Valued Contributor
Posts: 584
Registered: ‎09-10-2020

Re: Collagen success stories

[ Edited ]

I started taking collagen after I had a hair bleaching accident last September. Since I have been taking it my hair is growing at half an inch a month which my stylist  said is optimal growth and very few people get. My nails are so much stronger. I also have no aches and pains.  I have a bad knee and I have a compressed disc in my neck and they do not bother me at all. I also see a difference in my hands. They have plumped up and don't look so boney. 

I swear by it. I think it depends on the brand. Some are better than others. I use the one endorsed by Jillian Michaels.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,217
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: Collagen success stories

Most of the time when someone takes nutrient-type supplements, including collagen, then it can have a positive affect on overall health by maintaining good a environment for natural biological functions. Hair can be a good indicator of your overall health meaning if you eat a healthy diet and stay away from things that can make you at risk for getting sick then that only adds to having healthy looking hair, reducing fall-out and breakage. Genetics and age play huge roles on hair density and condition. Taking collagen supps alone won't make your scalp sprout new hairs but it might help maintain nice looking hair and help keep it on your head longer which might make you think that the collagen supps grew new hair...it didn't.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,227
Registered: ‎10-20-2010

Re: Collagen success stories

@SilleeMee , I'm really not sure how to post.May I ask a question on your post? I have a hair follicle cyst (small) on my scalp. I don't know if anyone can see it but I do. Have anyone of you my friend ever had one. I would rather not go to a dr. to have him cut the cyst. Can anyone suggest a home remedy? I wear my hair very short so not able to completely cover cyst. Can anyone assist me with their suggestion? Many thanks in advance

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,086
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Re: Collagen success stories

@MG Chris 

 

I have a bad knee and I have a compressed disc in my neck and they do not bother me at all.

 

What??  Sign me up!  Does it come in pill form?  What do I look for for the best kind/type of collagen.  I need thicker hair on my left side.  That's the side I sleep on.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,217
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: Collagen success stories


@sligo wrote:

@SilleeMee , I'm really not sure how to post.May I ask a question on your post? I have a hair follicle cyst (small) on my scalp. I don't know if anyone can see it but I do. Have anyone of you my friend ever had one. I would rather not go to a dr. to have him cut the cyst. Can anyone suggest a home remedy? I wear my hair very short so not able to completely cover cyst. Can anyone assist me with their suggestion? Many thanks in advance


 

 

@sligo 

I don't have any knowledge about home remedies for that kind of thing. If it were me then I would go to a doctor and have it looked at. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 584
Registered: ‎09-10-2020

Re: Collagen success stories


@SilleeMee wrote:

Most of the time when someone takes nutrient-type supplements, including collagen, then it can have a positive affect on overall health by maintaining good a environment for natural biological functions. Hair can be a good indicator of your overall health meaning if you eat a healthy diet and stay away from things that can make you at risk for getting sick then that only adds to having healthy looking hair, reducing fall-out and breakage. Genetics and age play huge roles on hair density and condition. Taking collagen supps alone won't make your scalp sprout new hairs but it might help maintain nice looking hair and help keep it on your head longer which might make you think that the collagen supps grew new hair...it didn't.


I agree. I do know that I have the receding hairline and I've had it since I was a teenager. For the first time in 45 years I actually have hair growing in those areas. The first couple weeks that I started taking it my gut went through the ringer. I was going to the bathroom so  many times a day. Thankfully, it settled down. They do say collegian gets your gut health in order so I am assuming it was that.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 584
Registered: ‎09-10-2020

Re: Collagen success stories

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@MG Chris 

 

I have a bad knee and I have a compressed disc in my neck and they do not bother me at all.

 

What??  Sign me up!  Does it come in pill form?  What do I look for for the best kind/type of collagen.  I need thicker hair on my left side.  That's the side I sleep on.


I use the Alaya Brand. It's funny because I was thinking about starting collagen because of my hair and I was on Instagram one day and I saw Jillian pushing a collagen powder and I thought oh it must be a good one if she's pushing it but then I clicked on the ad and moved on. And then I went on the Facebook and she was pushing the same thing and I thought you know what this is a sign. I ordered it and the reviews have been phenomenal on this brand. I buy four tubs at a time when they're running 30% off sales . It does come in pill form on their website but they say it's not as effective. I mix mine in my morning coffee and I can't even taste it. Read the reviews their reviews are amazing. I don't see any negative reviews on this brand.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,109
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Collagen success stories

I have to say yes, for me I had hair growing thicker  and my nails were so much stronger and grew like crazy. Also my knee joints felt so much better. But not a quick fix. Was on them for months. I stopped taking them for some reason and have noticed I don't feel as good lately. Was taking Dr Emil brand and just bought more to get started again. I loved his Joint X but this collagen formula has taken its place.