Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Collagen Powder supplement

I have been using Andrew Lessman's Marine Collagen with MSM since last October.  The difference I have noticed is less lower back pain and my knee is much better.  I couldn't kneel down without it killing me.  I can now.  The second order of his product did not have the MSM (my mistake) and the discomforts started to return.  I ordered powdered MSM and added that in.  I have since returned to the formula with the MSM and I am very happy.  I won't be without it.  I add Silica to both DH and my "super shots" each morning.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@Harpa 

processed with integrity

What does that mean? Smiley Surprised  And do these products work as a preventative?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was just thinking when reading the 5 different kinds, why don't they make one with everything?  But, with all five categories, I wonder if the strengths of each ingredient is less.

I've never looked into this and I don't think I even knew about it till I saw conversations here.  Something else to research.   I found a new (to me) YTer last night.  Dr. Shereene Idriss.  She's a dermatologist.  I watched her video  on HA.  It's an eyeopener.  I've got the "Science Behind Rice Water" in my queue.

Edited to remove link

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

Would you mind telling us what's in your super shots?  What is the silica for?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

I was just thinking when reading the 5 different kinds, why don't they make one with everything?  But, with all five categories, I wonder if the strengths of each ingredient is less.

I've never looked into this and I don't think I even knew about it till I saw conversations here.  Something else to research.   I found a new (to me) YTer last night.  Dr. Shereene Idriss.  She's a dermatologist.  I watched her video  on HA.  It's an eyeopener.  I've got the "Science Behind Rice Water" in my queue.

Dr Dubrows Colla Holla powder contains 6 kinds of collagen, it is labeled as a multi type collagen supplement. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm   If you are interested in a better collagen, you should google it with the 5 (or 6) types (amino acids) that talk about them. Their collagen does include all 5 as well. You could also get good info on the sit I mentioned, 'Live Conscious'. They too are very information, not only do they have the collagen but other items too. 

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm   It is just the collagen and either liquid silica or 5 or 6 of silica cell salts.  Silica is for skin, teeth, similar to collagen. It really is a remedy for many things.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Along with my Verisol collagen, I also take bamboo silica extract powder (1/4 tsp daily). Silica is a precursor for collagen formation in the body. Silica is also an excellent bone densifier. Silica made my bone density number go up so now I don't have osteoporosis.

Super Contributor

I really liked the Dubrow's CollaHolla, but found the product too expensive plus HQ insists on charging tax on it which is not required in my state.  

Naturesplus has an inclusive collagen minus the verisol which is half the price.  Piping Rock also has a similar collagen that I like, as well the verisol which I just add  to it.

Super Contributor

SilleeMee, how long did you take the silica before you saw a difference in bone density?   I've been taking it about a year now and will be doing a scan soon.  I'm hoping for an improvement in my #s.