Regular Contributor
Can anyone recommend the best one out there. TIA
Respected Contributor

Re: Collagen Powder supplement

@Mom in NY 

It's subjective, as to the best that works for the individual.

That said I use only Andrew Lessman's Collagens.

Both his products; Marine Collagen and Free Range Collagen.

Sold here and HSN.  

Pricey, but results I can see so it's worth it to me.

I stir the Marine into coffee or tea drinks and put his Free Range into any soup or stew I make.

Sometimes I'll heat up some chicken bone broth (especially if I get cold) and stir in the Free Range - it's easily dissolved in any of the things I listed.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Verisol is a trademarked bovine collagen, made in Germany, and it's sold under different names. Here are two brands of the Verisol powder. Both of these contain 100% Verisol. I buy it when either one goes on sale. It usually costs about $28 for the largest supply they sell (about 10.5 oz). These two brands contain identical ingredients, no different.

s-l1600.jpg

71w9Q7jXcZL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Vital Proteins Unflavored.  Its available all over.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also take Verisol, either one of these 2 brands, but I use the tablets or capsules, for me it is easier than using a powder. I dont use marine, most of them Lessman included are made from tilapia, which I dont want to consume. 

Honored Contributor

Piping Rock carries the Lindberg brand of Verisol, often on sale. And I find Tru Nature on ebay and amazon.  If you want caps, Lindberg are hard ,large tablets, Tru Nature are capsules. 

Respected Contributor

I love Andrew Lessman's collagen powder. 

Honored Contributor

I’ve used powdered collagen in the past but switched to a liquid form because I believe it has better absorption.  DH and I take a Tblsp. everyday.  It’s made of hydrolyzed pork collagen (closest to human), is sugar free, carb free, low calorie, and made in the USA.  I have it on subscription through Amazon.  

46712772-CA96-4F64-B329-01F067A525E2.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Verisol is a trademarked bovine collagen, made in Germany, and it's sold under different names. Here are two brands of the Verisol powder. Both of these contain 100% Verisol. I buy it when either one goes on sale. It usually costs about $28 for the largest supply they sell (about 10.5 oz). These two brands contain identical ingredients, no different.

s-l1600.jpg

71w9Q7jXcZL._AC_SX425_.jpg

I use the TruNature and love it!  I get it at Costco....around $20 and when on sale I got several at $16...stock up then LOL!  I noticed my face filling up in the cheek area with bounce...thicker over all.  And that is a big deal for me as I have rosacea and need all the help I can get with building a better surface barrier.

I also use 1 scoop of Vital Proteins (blue container) and get that at Costco also...they sell it in the largest size you can find available and I wait for the sale price and stock up the same way.  Again both of these are wonderful products.

I did try some others in the past and saw zero results....HSN/Lessman brand both Marine & beef...did nothing.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I’ve used powdered collagen in the past but switched to a liquid form because I believe it has better absorption.  DH and I take a Tblsp. everyday.  It’s made of hydrolyzed pork collagen (closest to human), is sugar free, carb free, low calorie, and made in the USA.  I have it on subscription through Amazon.  

46712772-CA96-4F64-B329-01F067A525E2.jpeg

@JeanLouiseFinch How's the taste?  What do you feel it does for you?