Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Collagen Powder - Have you used It???

@JeanLouiseFinch...I know this is an old thread, but are you still using the Neocell Marine Collagen?  If so, have you seen skin benefits from it?  And finally...where is the best place to purchase it?  I have a friend who just started Andrew Lessman's product, but holy cow...his stuff is so expensive (although I'm sure quite good...)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisg wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch...I know this is an old thread, but are you still using the Neocell Marine Collagen?  If so, have you seen skin benefits from it?  And finally...where is the best place to purchase it?  I have a friend who just started Andrew Lessman's product, but holy cow...his stuff is so expensive (although I'm sure quite good...)

Yes, @Ainhisg, I am.  DH uses it too.  I always shy away from singling out one specific product to any skincare success because the routine I follow has a compilation of products that I believe work synergistically.  The only exception would be if I add one single item and see a change.  That said, I do think the Neocell Marine Collagen contributes in a positive way.  I don't look like I'm 30, but I don't look my age either.  This 60 yr. old is content with her skin's texture, firmness and few wrinkles.  I take the marine collagen (Collagen I & III) in the morning and a Collagen II at night.  Collagen I & III should not be taken at the same time as Collagen II.  Both work better when taken separately on an empty stomach.  In addition to any skincare success, collagen is also good for joints and nails.  I haven't had great success with my nails, but I'm hard on them and I have a bad habit of picking at them rather than grooming them.  If I were more careful, maybe they'd look better.  I usually order the majority of our supplements from Vitacost.  One time they were out of the Neocell so I had to look elsewhere.  I ended up putting it on a subscribe & save on Amazon.  Coincidentally, I just received notification yesterday that my current subscription order shipped.  The price for the Neocell Marine Collagen is very economical, IMO.  For one bottle (30 day supply) it's just under $12, but if you put it on the auto delivery subscription, it gets discounted a little bit.  I buy two bottles at a time and it's $21.37.  Also, we find the capsules to be more convenient and prefer them over the loose powder..

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Thats about as believable as the old myth that drinking gelatin would improve your nails. 

My grandmother used gelatin and always had beautiful nails.....I also never saw her do any housework, so was it the gelatin or not using her hands much lol.  

Also, Kelly Ripa said on her show recently that she started using the collagen and sees a big difference.  

Occasional Contributor

I have been taking the powder form from Vital Proteins for about 8 months. Mine is completely flavorless and I put 2 scoops in my protein smoothie every day. I get mine from either Vitamin Shoppe, Whole Foods, or at the local health food market. I have noticed many benefits from skin, nails, and hair strength and growth, to much reduced joint pain. I have never seen Andrew Lessman's presentations on HSN, but I do lots of my research and concluded that I would try it out for at least a year and if I didn't see any significant improvements, I'd be done with it. Vital Proteins has a full line of different collagen powders- from beef derived to marine collagen, and many varieties as well. Mine is the one in the blue tub (bovine derived). That tub, used daily, lasts about 6 weeks and costs around $45. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you, everyone, for your replies!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Are the pills the same as the powder because I just bought a huge bottle of Neocell collagen l and lll pills?

Anyone?

Trusted Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

Are the pills the same as the powder because I just bought a huge bottle of Neocell collagen l and lll pills?

Anyone?

@Valstybaby  I think they are (the same)  but people prefer capsules over mixing the powder into a liquid. And generally the powder is less expensive because you’re not paying for the capsules that hold the powder. 

Trusted Contributor

Regarding cost of the Neocell vs AL Marine Collagen: 

Neocell 30 servings @ $12 — $0.40 per serving

AL 240 servings, $130 — $0.54 per serving

AL w/msm 240 servings, $140 — $0.58 per serving

I used to take Neocell for many years. I think it’s a good product. I decided to try the AL with the msm. It has different ingredients that I wanted to try. I usually buy the largest size (better price than smaller) and buy when he is on HSN because the prices are usually less.  But I buy from the Procaps site because the more you buy, the better the discount. Plus, I don’t have to pay taxes there, which can really add up for the amount I buy. 

Trusted Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

Regarding cost of the Neocell vs AL Marine Collagen: 

@Neocell 30 servings @ $12 — $0.40 per serving

AL 240 servings, $130 — $0.54 per serving

AL w/msm 240 servings, $140 — $0.58 per serving

I used to take Neocell for many years. I think it’s a good product. I decided to try the AL with the msm. It has different ingredients that I wanted to try. I usually buy the largest size (better price than smaller) and buy when he is on HSN because the prices are usually less.  But I buy from the Procaps site because the more you buy, the better the discount. Plus, I don’t have to pay taxes there, which can really add up for the amount I buy. 

Additionally, I just received four large bottles of the Marine Collagen and paid $107.91 per bottle. That’s $0.45 per serving. Not too bad. 

Super Contributor

Yes I take this product from Andrew lessman and it is amazing. My skin and hair is beautiful and shiny since taking it and my joints better. I look in my 30s with no wrinkles and no anything except for Retin a. His products are the BEST quality products you will ever find. My husband takes this and other vitamins as well of his. We saw first hand th3 change in skin and hair and joints and how his vitamins changed our lab values  unbelievablly. Best products you will ever find and I am very picky with someone who can afford most anything.