Trusted Contributor

Re: Collagen/Phytoceramides ?

@Tennessee Vol Do you mind sharing if your are taking the pro or the regular Consult Beaute hair, skin and nail vitamins? TIA! 😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

@Tennessee Vol Do you mind sharing if your are taking the pro or the regular Consult Beaute hair, skin and nail vitamins? TIA! 😊

@BExplorer I'm taking the regular ones. 

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Trusted Contributor

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

Thanks @Tennessee Vol !  I believe I have read before that people have better luck with these than Lessman's HHSN vitamins as far as hair.  

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

Thanks @Tennessee Vol !  I believe I have read before that people have better luck with these than Lessman's HHSN vitamins as far as hair.  

@BExplorer 

I took Lessman's HHSN off and on for years and never saw an improvement in my nails or hair. I believe that @rochelleS started taking Consult Beaute's hair, skin nails the same time did. Hopefully she will respond with her experience. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tennessee Vol @BExplorer 

Hello Ladies...yes, Tennessee Vol is correct. We started with the regular or original formula of Consult Beaute's "Beaute Caps" at approximately the same time. I got my delivery about a week later and have been consistent with my daily two capsule doseage. It's been three months so far and it seems my new nail growth is smoother, less ridges, which are more predominant and noticeable on one hand. It's still a little early to make a full assessment. I thought I saw six months is when a more realistic change or improvement can be seen. I do not notice my nails being quite as brittle. But that's more obvious in the winter. My fingernails historically grow fairly fast, it seems like the rate has slightly increased, but my toenail growth has greatly increased. They now need weekly attention as opposed to every 6-8 weeks before I started the Beaute Caps. Haven't seen a change in my hair though, which would be welcomed. I've been experiencing alot of shedding.

Have you noticed any changes yet, Tennessee Vol?

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the information @rochelleS and @Tennessee Vol .  I have taken AL's HHSN for a few years but let myself run out recently. It did improve my nails, but did not do anything for my hair so I am looking for something else. My apologies to the OP for taking this thread off topic. 🙂

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@Tennessee Vol @BExplorer 

Hello Ladies...yes, Tennessee Vol is correct. We started with the regular or original formula of Consult Beaute's "Beaute Caps" at approximately the same time. I got my delivery about a week later and have been consistent with my daily two capsule doseage. It's been three months so far and it seems my new nail growth is smoother, less ridges, which are more predominant and noticeable on one hand. It's still a little early to make a full assessment. I thought I saw six months is when a more realistic change or improvement can be seen. I do not notice my nails being quite as brittle. But that's more obvious in the winter. My fingernails historically grow fairly fast, it seems like the rate has slightly increased, but my toenail growth has greatly increased. They now need weekly attention as opposed to every 6-8 weeks before I started the Beaute Caps. Haven't seen a change in my hair though, which would be welcomed. I've been experiencing alot of shedding.

Have you noticed any changes yet, Tennessee Vol?

@rochelleS 

Yes, I have noticed an improvement in my hair. The new strands that are growing are thicker and more of them are pepper than salt. I've read that we all lose/shed around 100 hairs daily and after a couple of weeks a new shaft will begin to emerge. It's this new  hair growth that I see a difference in. 

I think I see a slight difference in some of the ridges in my nails as well. 

Your shedding could be caused by the all stress you've been through with your sisters recovery. I hope your shedding is short lived! Give the CB vitamins more time, I feel they will help your hair grow thicker as they have helped others on this board.

Respected Contributor

I have been using Phytoceramides for about 2 1/2 years (wheat) and I found it helped some with dryness.

I had been using Collagen for about a year with no results and stopped but did continue the Phytoceramides.

Due to dental concerns, my dietitian recommended Collagen by Designs for Health, started that about 6 months ago and OMG my skin has not looked this good in years!!!!  My hair not longer gets split ends.

At most recent dental appointment when they measured my gum recession - no more recession and some areas improved.

This powdered Collagen is completely tasteless and odor-free I mix in anything.  She did give me the clinical studies of the collagen peptides used in this formula so it is backed up with some research.  

For those with no results do not give up or try another brand.

Super Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl  Are you taking the Whole Body Collagen., or the H-S-N? Could you tell me how long a container lasts you? Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@cantdrive55 wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl  Are you taking the Whole Body Collagen., or the H-S-N? Could you tell me how long a container lasts you? Thanks!

Whole Body Collagen   I take 1 scoop a day and the container lasts a month.