Respected Contributor

Re: Collagen/Phytoceramides ?

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

I just bought non wheat ceramides, also 200, on ebay, made in USA with over 500 sold,  excellent feedbacks, for only $13.95, about half the price of NusaPure. 

@Shelbelle 

Let's compare notes in about a month. The NusaPure phytoceramides are supposed to help with dark circles in two weeks so we shall see. I have taken AL's phytoceramides as well as Life Extensions and have never seen improvement in my dark circles. 

I'm hoping that the Sea Buckthorn Berry Oil will help my sinus issues by moisturizing my nasal cavity too!

Thank you for starting this thread!!!!!!

I just looked up the ingredients in AL's phytoceramides and they are wheat derived too so maybe that's why I didn't see much of an improvement with either.

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I just bought non wheat ceramides, also 200, on ebay, made in USA with over 500 sold,  excellent feedbacks, for only $13.95, about half the price of NusaPure. 

@Shelbelle 

Let's compare notes in about a month. The NusaPure phytoceramides are supposed to help with dark circles in two weeks so we shall see. I have taken AL's phytoceramides as well as Life Extensions and have never seen improvement in my dark circles. 

I'm hoping that the Sea Buckthorn Berry Oil will help my sinus issues by moisturizing my nasal cavity too!

Thank you for starting this thread!!!!!!

I just looked up the ingredients in AL's phytoceramides and they are wheat derived too so maybe that's why I didn't see much of an improvement with either.

I admire your positive attitude, I enjoy trying new things I read about here too, good luck!! I will be especially intersted in hearing if the SB Berry Oil works for you. 

Honored Contributor

My EarthMed No Wheat Phytoceramides arrived today, cant wait to try them, may begin with 2 a day, then taper down to just one, directions say to take one daily. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle 

The instructions on the NusaPure say to take 2 capsules a day, each capsule is 700mg I think. I can't wait to start mine eitherWoman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@Shelbelle 

The instructions on the NusaPure say to take 2 capsules a day, each capsule is 700mg I think. I can't wait to start mine eitherWoman Happy

Each cap is 350. Their recommended daily amount is 700 so that comes to 2 caps a day. @Tennessee Vol 

I take one in the a.m. and one before bed, with my dinner.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@Shelbelle 

Each cap is 350. Their recommended daily amount is 700 so that comes to 2 caps a day. @Tennessee Vol 

I take one in the a.m. and one before bed, with my dinner.

@SilleeMee 

Thanks for clarifying! It's a little bit confusing as the bottle reads 700 mg 200 . I looked at a picture of the bottle several times and couldn't determine the exact strength.

Honored Contributor

It was confusing to me also. I had to ask someone here to clarify it for me.Woman Happy @Tennessee Vol 

Honored Contributor

Remember we had this discussion not too long ago about the Phytoceramides. every brand is 350 mg and says take one daily, except the NusaPure which says to take 2 daily. I wrote to NusaPure, they said they feel 2 is needed, but we came to the conclusion that perhaps they just want you finish them up quicker and reorder, since all other companies said one is sufficient. That is why I said, I may take 2 for about 2 weeks, then just one after that. 

Honored Contributor

I really don't mind taking 2 of the NusaPure caps. It may be overkill but it's so affordable compared to what I was taking before...and that one was only one cap per day. My skin loves the 2-cap dose...better hydration than the single Lipowheat cap I was taking before.

Honored Contributor

Well, gave it some thought and decided to stick with taking the Verisol and also try the Phytoceramides at same time. Verisol has done so much for my nails, and I dont see where the ceramides really help with nails, so i will be doing both, thanks for all the advice. From what I read, the ceramides are mainly for the skin, if you have seen good results from them for the hair and nails please let us know.