Valued Contributor

Re: Collagen/Phytoceramides ?

Also, I started eating more wild caught salmon (aim for 3x per week), and that also helps the skin and keeps my eyes from feeling gritty and dry.
Honored Contributor

I also take Sea Buckthorn Berry OIl softgels, 2 per day for the last 8 years, good for skin, dry eye and helps to lubricate the skin and tissue from the inside out, highly recommended for femine dryness after menopause, that is why I began to take it. 

Respected Contributor

I take collagen and phytoceramides.  I also do the hair/skin/nails caps.  Maybe I am trying to hard LOL.  My skin looks pretty nice though, if I may say so.

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I also take Sea Buckthorn Berry OIl softgels, 2 per day for the last 8 years, good for skin, dry eye and helps to lubricate the skin and tissue from the inside out, highly recommended for femine dryness after menopause, that is why I began to take it. 

@Shelbelle 

What brand do you buy? I quickly looked on Amazon and didn't recognize a brand name and hesitate to try brands that are unknown to me.

Thanks!

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Honored Contributor

I've been taking phytoceramides for almost two years. They really help keep my skin hydrated. The phytoceramides also help with hair growth by maintaining healthy follicles. They also provide an extra layer of sun protection in the skin by absorbing some of the UV radiation. My skin feels plumper and softer for sure. 

I'm still not convinced about collagen supps, however. I keep my skin smooth and firm with microneedling...for me that works.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle 

What brand do you buy? I quickly looked on Amazon and didn't recognize a brand name and hesitate to try brands that are unknown to me.

Thanks!

I always buy NuHealth brand on ebay, I buy from the same one or 2 sellers every time, get 120 for a good price. I have also bought Vitacost brand from their site, they sometimes have a Buy One Get One half price, but the NuHealth is 500 mg each, and the other is 450, so I tend to prefer the NuHealth. I think some of the same ebay sellers of NuHealth also sell it on amazon. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I always buy NuHealth brand on ebay, I buy from the same one or 2 sellers every time, get 120 for a good price. I have also bought Vitacost brand from their site, they sometimes have a Buy One Get One half price, but the NuHealth is 500 mg each, and the other is 450, so I tend to prefer the NuHealth. I think some of the same ebay sellers of NuHealth also sell it on amazon. 

Thank you for this tip. I am going to order some today. My eyes have been feeling dry and irritated the last few weeks.  I had never heard of this remedy before.  You lean something new every day!

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle 

Thanks!

@Shelbelle 

Thanks! I just ordered some from Amazon. I have had dry eyes for many years and I'm sure I will benefit from other moisturizing aspects too!

Honored Contributor

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle 

Thanks!

@Shelbelle 

Thanks! I just ordered some from Amazon. I have had dry eyes for many years and I'm sure I will benefit from other moisturizing aspects too!

Please let me know how it works for you. FYI, you can start off taking 4 a day, then taper down to 2 a day. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle 

Thanks!

@Shelbelle 

Please let me know how it works for you. FYI, you can start off taking 4 a day, then taper down to 2 a day. 

@Shelbelle 

Thanks! I will start taking 4 a day and let you know how they are working for me after a couple of weeks. Thanks again!