Honored Contributor

Hello, ladies, I have been taking Verisol collagen for the last 5 months, good results. I now ordered a bottle of the non wheat Phytoceramides. I was wondering should I take both of these now or just try the Phytoceramides alone to see how they work in comparison to the collagen. Thanks for the advice. 

Contributor

Re: Collagen/Phytoceramides ?

[ Edited ]

Yes, you can take both.  I use my collagen in the morning with my coffee and also take the Phytoceramide supplement after breakfast.  Had some great results taking both now.  I used to just take the collagen.

Honored Contributor

I think you should continue with your present experiment and monitor the results for a few months. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

What exactly does taking collagen do for your skin? From what I understand collagen molecules get broken down to protein segments in the gut so essentially it just like taking a protein supp.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I think you should continue with your present experiment and monitor the results for a few months. 

So, you mean to now just give the Phyto a try and stay off the collagen and see which one yields better results, that was my plan. I figured no need to take both if the one gives the same reasults as the other. Thanks. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My finest results from the Verisol is with my nails, they are so long, strong and thick and grow like weeds, skin feels nice, back of arms not as rough feeling. Hair, i see no improvements. I have been taking Lessman HSN for years now, not going to reorder that. 

Honored Contributor

They affect different aspects of the skin, I think. The collagen is to provide immediately digestible building blocks and amino acids to the different areas that are made of collagen. The ceramides are to moisturize your skin. So using both together shouldn't be any problem at all. It's what I do and I'm liking the results.

Ceramide supplements work really fast. It only takes a few days, as opposed to collagen which takes months and months but is still worth it. Your skin all over gets super smooth. Pretty amazing really. The other day DH happened to touch my arm and said, "Your skin is ridiculously soft."

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

What exactly does taking collagen do for your skin? From what I understand collagen molecules get broken down to protein segments in the gut so essentially it just like taking a protein supp.

Collagen peptides contain different amino acids than other proteins. Since we don't generally eat large quantities cow, pig, or fish skin or drink lots of bone broth or eat tons of gelatin every day, we don't get those nutrients in daily dietary protein like meat etc.

Also, good collagen peptides are so refined that they are tasteless and odorless. Collagen powder often smells odd and has a strange taste. I tried plain collagen powder for a bit and it ruined my coffee each day. I hated it. Verisol and Peptan brand name collagen peptides in particular are tasteless and odorless and can be taken in smaller quantities than collagen powder. I like branded supplement ingredients because they are more likely to be tested.

Verisol has clinical studies that prove their claims. Published in actual journals.

https://www.gelita.com/en/products/collagen-peptides/verisol

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I have been taking Puritans Pride Verisol, 3 huge tablets a day, Natures Bounty is the same exact formula, just buy which ever one is offering a better price. 

Valued Contributor

My own experience - when I ran out of my lessman phytoceramides I did not reorder and after a few weeks I noticed my heels were really rough and starting to crack. Didn’t make the connection. Started using phytoceramides again a month ago and my heels are getting back to normal. I’ve been putting collagen powder in my coffee for a few years now. I’ve gone through menopause since then so my skin has changed, but I do think the collagen helps. I also make my own soups and bone broth so that may help too.