Honored Contributor

I would have rather had a capsule.  Maybe next time.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Powder vs caps...the only difference is the dose. For instance 1 scoop of powder would require you to take 6 caps to get the same amount of supplement present in 1 scoop of powder. So basically you need to ask yourself which would be more convenient. 

For skin health look for collagen types 1 and 3. Doses between brands vary widely. There are no standard amounts when it comes peptide supps. Compare price per dose and find one which suits your budget.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I'll stick with the powder.  I'm also taking this for joint health.  This is part of the description of the Andrew Lessman product.  Do YOU think it's a good one?  If not what would you suggest?  Smooth soft skin I already have but I like the sounds of it anyway Smiley Happy  Comfortable joints I DON'T have Smiley Sad

Supports Smooth Soft Skin, Comfortable Joints.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@SilleeMee 

I'll stick with the powder.  I'm also taking this for joint health.  This is part of the description of the Andrew Lessman product.  Do YOU think it's a good one?  If not what would you suggest?  Smooth soft skin I already have but I like the sounds of it anyway Smiley Happy  Comfortable joints I DON'T have Smiley Sad

Supports Smooth Soft Skin, Comfortable Joints.

@monicakm 

I have never taken AL's collagen so I have nothing to say about it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Collagen Peptides

[ Edited ]

I have degenerative disc disease in my neck. I lived with constant pain and One of my knees bothered me. I started taking collagen for my hair after I fried it off and within days my pain was so much better. I have been taking it now since October and I am completely pain-free. My skin looks a lot better as well.

About  three weeks ago I started drinking bone broth daily for more collegan building. Interestingly enough, I went through a lot of the same symptoms as I did when I started taking powdered collagen. It only lasted three or four days but when I started collagen powder it took two weeks.

Honored Contributor

No powders for me, only capsules and no Lessmann or any other marine that contains Tilapia!!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

If you take CP, what kind do you take?

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle 

I didn't order the Marine + Grass Fed type.  Just Grass Fed.

Honored Contributor

@MG Chris 

(sigh) Side effects is my middle name.  If it's a side effect, I'll most likely have it.  I don't even want to Google it...but I will.

Honored Contributor

Currenty I take Natures Nutrition 5 in 1 different types, including marine which is from cod. Take 2 caps per day, currently there is 25% off coupon on amazon.