Honored Contributor

Collagen Peptides

[ Edited ]

OK, I'm going to join the ranks of the collagen peptide ladies.  Pills or powder?  Brands I can get on Amazon?  Dose?  Prefer pills unless powders are significantly better.  What should I expect to see and in how long? 

I just finished a bottle of Niacinamide.  Can't say that I've noticed any difference but my skin is good anyway.  No dryness or flakiness on my body skin.  No rashes, etc.  Don't know if I should order another bottle or not.  Something finally got rid of the under the skin flesh colored bumps on the tops of my cheekbones that I think I was born with lol.  I can't remember them not being there.  I don't know if it was the niacinamide or the retinol.  Speaking of retinol, that stuff caused pimples on my forehead and one on my chin.  They're finally gone but I had them for about 3 weeks.

Respected Contributor

This won't be helpful since you mentioned Amazon but I take Andrew Lessman's powder.  I mix 2 scoops with a small amount of water and drink it daily.

Honored Contributor

@santorini 

You can get AL on Amazon via Prime so it's sold and shipped by Amazon.

Honored Contributor

From Amazon

Andrew Lessman Marine & Free Range Collagen Peptides Powder & MSM 120 Servings - Supports Radiant Smooth Soft Skin, Comfortable Joints. Super Soluble No Fishy Flavor No Additives Non-GMO

Honored Contributor

You can get his Free Range CP too.  I just don't know what to look for/buy

Honored Contributor

@monicakm - Right now I'm using Andrew Lessman's Marine and Free Range Collagen Peptides powder.  1 scoop in my coffee every morning.  Can't say I notice any difference in my skin but my hair feels stronger.  If that makes sense.  Even my stylist noticed it.

Valued Contributor

I have and like both of Andrew' Lessman  collagen peptides I started off with the Marine Collagen,as that was all he had. Over the years it became very expensive. But when he came out with the Free Range I heard that  vegetarian would be using the Marine more so,not a vegetarian and heard host Colleen on HSN ,said she was changing from Marine to Free Range, waited a while read the reviews and many were from reviewers that had been taking the Marine,and was happy with the Free Range. I finished my Marine Collagen switched, the price was good,not as expensive and skin hair joints,have no complaints. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@monicakm I have a monthly subscription for Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides and like it.  I have two scoops every morning in a cup of black coffee.  You save a decent amount if you get a subscription.  It's about $35 a month for the large container.

I also have a package of Further Foods Chocolate powder that I use once in a while when I fell like having a chocolately coffee.  It's good, but it doesn't dissolve as well.  You have to use a frother to get it to dissolve whereas the Vital Proteins dissolves without having to do anything at all.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @lkat   I bought the 60 serving Grass Fed Andrew Lessman collagen peptide bottle.  I don't know yet if 60 servings is one or two months.  It was $34.  I drink cold brew coffee so I'm not sure this will dissolve or not.  

Trusted Contributor

I use Alaya naturals. Love it and will never switch brands. Over 10,000 five star reviews on their site. Excellent reviews on Amazon. Very responsive on their social media as well. I buy four at a time when they have sales.