Trusted Contributor

Hi friends...I have the worst lips on the planet!  They are constantly dry or chapped or dry, chapped and red.  The corners of my mouth crack very easily, which makes wearing lipstick look ridiculous!

I have tried hundreds of lip treatments to no avail...even Rx treatents from my derm.  I cannot use anything with menthol, mint or peppermint.  EOS, Chapstick, Aquaphor etc.   no luck at all.  I was in Walgreen's last week, when I saw a tiny jar of Vaseline Cocoa Butter Lip Treatment and bought it.  Tah- Dah!

So far, my lips have  changed dramatically, so I'm thinking it must be the Cocoa Butter.  The one BIG problem with the Vaseline product is that it is not easy to use,  I have to scoop out a bit with my finger and rub it in my lips.  Afterwards, I HAVE to use a cloth or soap and water to get the lip stuff off of my finger and that is a problem when I'm working or just out.

Do any of you wizards know of a similarly good Cocoa Butter lip treatment that is in a stick or some easier form of delivery?

I HOPE so!!  I feel like I've been partly rescued by the Cocoa Buter, but can't quite get out of the boat.  PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!  I THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Cocoa Butter Lip Treatment

[ Edited ]

Badger Balm sold at nutrition stores has a good cocoa butter one.Palmers makes a good one with cocoa butter, too.  Paula's Choice lip and body balm is even better, I've never found a better one than the one at Paulaschoice dotcom. She's sold here but I think you might have to get the balm off her website. Not sure if that ingredient is in it.

Honored Contributor

I had posted a month or so about my dry peeling lips, tried so many lip balms,oils ,it was my toothpaste, changed to a toothpaste with no sls in it, my lips are fine now.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

Mary Kay has a lip mask that I like that is used to exfoliate lips.  After removing, then you use a lip balm (their's is in an easy to apply tube).  I like to use the mask because otherwise you are just applying a balm product over flaky dry skin.  

Super Contributor

I have extremely sensitive lips. They become bright red at the edges if I have nothing on them. I use Palmers swivel stick. It is a chapstick like product but it's not waxy. It works great for me. It does have a cocoa-chocolate smell, which I don't notice any more. I can use almost nothing else. Aquaphor works for me too, but that's it.   

Trusted Contributor

youngjude, my mom used ponds cold cream for as long as I can remember. when we had chapped lips, that's what she applied on us and it healed our lips immediately. a friend of mine when I was still

in school, used to wear braces and her lips were horribly chapped. it looked painful! I told her to apply ponds cold cream and the dryness was soon gone. don't know if they still make that product, but if they do, you should try it. good luck!

Trusted Contributor

looks like they still make it!image.png

Honored Contributor

How about buying cosmetic scoops to get the treatment out of the jar, there would be no need to dig it out, just spread it on your lips. 

scoop.jpg

Google cosmetic scoops

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Contributor

I really recommend Body Shop Cocoa Butter lip care stick, specifcally this one http://www.thebodyshop.com/by-line/cocoa-butter/cocoa-butter-lipcare-stick.aspx there are others in fancier packaging, but this one is the most moisturizing I have found that is consistently available.

Another fave of mine is Zum Lips Holiday Almond lip balm in a similar stick, but its not always available. I too have tried a million products and these are the only two that work for me time after time.

Honored Contributor

Another good product is Burt's Bee Kokum Butter.  It looks like a chapstick.  I have these things stashed every where.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin