Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I think as we get older our pores get larger - just one of those ugly things about aging. I have very dry skin so pores getting clogged with oil is never an issue for me. I simply wash my face with Dove soap and water to clean it - makeup or not.

@151949  I’m not sure pores get larger, but as skin begins to sag and stretch, these pores stretch as well making them more visible. Dove soap? Maybe switch to a deeper skin cleanser, IMHO.

Why would I switch when I have no issues ?

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I think as we get older our pores get larger - just one of those ugly things about aging. I have very dry skin so pores getting clogged with oil is never an issue for me. I simply wash my face with Dove soap and water to clean it - makeup or not.

@151949  I’m not sure pores get larger, but as skin begins to sag and stretch, these pores stretch as well making them more visible. Dove soap? Maybe switch to a deeper skin cleanser, IMHO.

@151949  Just questioning use of soap as cleanser. No issues, stay with it. I’d think any soap would be drying to skin.

Valued Contributor

The best thing that worked for my skin was Paula's Choice 2% BHA. I used both the liquid and the gel and preferred the gel as it was a bit more gentle but both worked quite effectively. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@151949  Just questioning use of soap as cleanser. No issues, stay with it. I’d think any soap would be drying to skin.

I have horribly dry skin on every inch of my body, do you think I shouldn't use soap anywhere? 

I think you have really taken the bait from these "skin care" companies. I haven't. I wash with Dove and then use argon oil moisturizer and I'm happy with that, and I know I've really gotten my face clean.

My Mom used ivory soap and then Noxzema to wash her face & moisturize. Her skin was gorgeous.