Honored Contributor

Does anyone have a clipless curling iron? I keep trying to put just waves in my hair with curlers without much success. I thought maybe the clipless curling iron would be the answer. Ultra has one that I was thinking of buying. What is your opinion of them?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I have the Sedu Revolution Clipless Curling Iron, that I bought at Folica- with discounts and promos sometimes you can get a really good deal. I haven't used it in awhile- but really liked it when I did. It comes with a heat-resistant glove. There are various videos on how to use a clipless curling iron, which I would suggest watching first.

Super Contributor

There is definitely a learning curve to it. You can burn yourself badly if you're not careful.

My DD has gotten really good with using hers and you should see the curls she can create with it. Her hair is so pretty. I don't remember what brand it is but it came from TJMaxx. They have great prices on brand name styling irons.

I find them difficult to use and won't bother with one.

Super Contributor

Hi. Our daughter uses the Revlon Clipless Ceramic Styling Iron. Comes with a glove. Works great, she has really long, straight, hair. She loves it, and recommends it. It's about $30.00 and can be found locally. It might be a good way for you to try that type of styling tool. HTH.

Honored Contributor

Yes, mine is clipless. I hold the want tip down at my crown and wind my hair around the wand. Here's a video of how I do it by the company I got the iron from. They do include that "heat protective glove," but it's a joke. It's plastic, so it would melt if it touched the iron too long, and it's the same texture as those scrubbing gloves you can buy for the shower, so the hair sticks to the glove like it's velcro. I used it once and don't even know where it is now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IrKtWa7fyw

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the tips and the link to watching the You Tube video. I'll definitely watch it before I buy. The one that I was planning on buying at Ulta was a Remington. It comes with a glove, and I have a 15% coupon code, which makes it $25. I'll be disappointed if I get it and the glove is useless.

-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

The glove I have is not plastic it is a heat-resistant fabric specially made for the Sedu. But yes the curling iron was more expensive than what has been posted.

Respected Contributor

I got my newest one at Marshall's. Hot-Shot-Tools. Goes from 280o to 450o. What I like about this brand is that the tip of the barrel is heat resistant, so you have a little more control with not getting burned. I don't need to use the glove. It wasn't expensive, and works fine.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor
On 2/20/2015 ChynnaBlue said:

Yes, mine is clipless. I hold the want tip down at my crown and wind my hair around the wand. Here's a video of how I do it by the company I got the iron from. They do include that "heat protective glove," but it's a joke. It's plastic, so it would melt if it touched the iron too long, and it's the same texture as those scrubbing gloves you can buy for the shower, so the hair sticks to the glove like it's velcro. I used it once and don't even know where it is now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IrKtWa7fyw

I watched the video. It looks like it might be difficult to do the hair at the back of your head. Is it? Otherwise, it just looked like it might be a little time consuming. Still, I think I'm going to try it. I really like the look of hair with waves.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I own a Conair curling brush that puts waves into my short hair. The only thing is you can't touch your scalp with this product. Otherwise, once you get the knack of it, it works great.

kindness is strength