Trusted Contributor

I'm hoping someone here can help me find what I'm looking for since I just spent the past couple of hours looking with no success.

My mom is elderly and has wavy, white, sort of frizzy texture hair.  She's looking for a clip on piece that would fill in her thinning crown area only.  The rest of her hair is pretty thick.  She does not want to wear a wig.  I don't want to buy from any vendors here.  I am looking for human hair because I don't like the synthetic shine, especially for someone her age whose hair is pretty dull.  I've searched under "crown toppers", "clip on wiglets" and similar wording.  All I see are those poofy, round curly ponytail clip ons or stick straight ponytail clip ons, clip on bangs, or else full length crown clip ons for longer hair, and I have rarely seen white as a selection.  I also called a couple of companies, including Paula Young, and they were of no help.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Respected Contributor

Go to a reputable hair salon in your area and they will be able to get exactly what you want.

Honored Contributor

Google for a "Wig Salon" in your area.    They would have a large variety of items, PLUS a professional stylist to customize the hairpiece.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Deree wrote:

I'm hoping someone here can help me find what I'm looking for since I just spent the past couple of hours looking with no success.

My mom is elderly and has wavy, white, sort of frizzy texture hair.  She's looking for a clip on piece that would fill in her thinning crown area only.  The rest of her hair is pretty thick.  She does not want to wear a wig.  I don't want to buy from any vendors here.  I am looking for human hair because I don't like the synthetic shine, especially for someone her age whose hair is pretty dull.  I've searched under "crown toppers", "clip on wiglets" and similar wording.  All I see are those poofy, round curly ponytail clip ons or stick straight ponytail clip ons, clip on bangs, or else full length crown clip ons for longer hair, and I have rarely seen white as a selection.  I also called a couple of companies, including Paula Young, and they were of no help.

Any help would be appreciated!!

I found some on Amazon. Since they are human hair they can be cut, dyed and permed to match your mom’s hair.

Honored Contributor

They are called top and crown wiglets.  They come in all sizes to cover just the top or the top and part of the sides.  They are available in human and synthetic hair in many colors, but pure white is difficult to find.

You can take the wiglet to your hairdresser who will cut and blend the wiglet so that it looks natural with your style.

Paula Young has several to choose from, but they don't carry white.

I off hand don' t know any companies who carry white wigs or wiglets. Very light platinum is available, but that color is not a true white.

Honored Contributor

@Deree  You can get rid of the shine on synthetic pieces by spraying with hair spray.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks all.  I was hoping someone here might know where to find this without having to get one custom-made.

@Pook, a few years ago, I tried spraying hair spray and using powder as well.  It didn't take away enough of the shine, plus made a sticky mess.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Respected Contributor

@Deree  Another option for your Mom could be a product called Toppix. My Mom used it & worked well for her. Its has tiny hair fibers & looked very natural. She tried other brands but found Toppix to be the best.

Respected Contributor

@Deree  they have youtube tutoriasl on Toppix & it stays on till you wash it out.

Respected Contributor

Re: Clip on Hair Pieces

[ Edited ]

Try searching for " hair toppers" or "top pieces"  instead of wiglets or clip-ins.