Contributor

Re: Clinique's Take the Day Off Balm...am I crazy to try it?

I didn't care for it for removing eye make up. I felt like my eyes always felt filmy after, even after washing it off with cleanser. Blech.

Super Contributor

I've tried it and like someone else posted, felt it left a film around my eyes. I also got clogged pores. I prefer the cleansing milk.

Valued Contributor

I love this product, does what it is suppose to do and very easily. I also wash my face afterwards. IMO this is a makeup remover not a cleanser.

Frequent Contributor

On 1/5/2014 Caffeina said:

It has a Best rating on Beautypedia, but the review also states, "This is best for dry to very dry skin or sensitive skin not prone to breakouts."

www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/by-brand/clinique/_/Take-The-Day-Off-Cleansing-Ba...

This is what I was afraid of, b/c my skin is prone to breakouts. I just looks like it really takes the makeup off. I guess I'll have to do more research.

Frequent Contributor

On 1/5/2014 cassiem said:

I've tried it and like someone else posted, felt it left a film around my eyes. I also got clogged pores. I prefer the cleansing milk.

I'm sorry to hear it clogged your pores. This is my fear. I haven't looked into the cleansing milk.

Frequent Contributor

Cassiem, if you read this, I'd like to know your opinion. From things I read from you, I believe we might have similar skin concerns. Would you ever use the cleansing balm?

Super Contributor

I purchased the cleansing balm, but ended up returning it. I really didn't like what it did around my eyes. They'd get oily, almost filmy, and my eyes would be red after washing. I think that the balm traveled into my eyes, so I stopped using it around my eyes to remove makeup. Then the clogged pores started on my cheeks, where I never get them. I got a sample several months later, so thought I'd try again, but the same thing happened. Later, an SA recommended it to me because my skin was dry, but when I explained the problems I had with the balm, she recommended the cleansing milk. I really like it and haven't had any issues. Do you have a sephora or Nordstrom near you that carries Clinique? I find they are very good about giving samples so you can try before you buy.
Valued Contributor

I have the Balm and I really like it.Smiley Happy
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Cassiem...I think I will try to get a sample first. Hopefully a Clinique SA can steer me in the right direction. The cleansing milk was also suggested by another poster. Maybe I can get samples of both.

Thank you to everyone for your responses! I'm glad to hear that it works so well for so many of you! It's great when we find the best products that work for us, isn't it?

Respected Contributor

I just peeked at this product and actually I think that this looks really nice! I use Albolene to remove my makeup right now, but this Clinique actually looks about the same, only better ingredients. Same concept though, starts off as a solid then emulsifies to a liquid on your face. I've never had a problem with the Albolene leaving a film in my eyes, I just use a warm washcloth to take it off. I might even give this Clinique a try when my other cleansers are gone!