Respected Contributor

Re: Clinique chubby lip crayons

I like the lip crayons from Ulta....regular price is $8, but they always have coupons and buy one get one offers.

Honored Contributor

I love the chubbies and my go- to is called super strawberry. just recently I bought 2 full sized chubbies from ebay for about $12 and free shipping--usually are $18 each. 

Honored Contributor

I like these a lot too. I was given a set of 12 minis for Christmas. My favorite is Honey, for a no makeup look. Honey is just one or maybe one half shade deeper than my natural lip, so it looks like I might not be wearing anything. It's great. I will be purchasing a full size of that one. Also enjoy Fig for an everyday look.

Clinique makes good lip color. I will always give them that.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I love the concept & colors but they don't last.

I've used Clinique off & on for probably 30 years or maybe more, love their products generally

Yes @software . For some reason I find them waxy and staying power is nil.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

Clinique chubby sticks do come in various finishes but they aren't matte at all. They aren't long lasting like a matte lipstick but they also aren't drying either. I like Clinique because they don't include fragrances in their skincare and makeup including their lipsticks. I would suggest looking at them in a store like Macy's, Nordstrom or another department store and swatch them on your hand to see if you like the finish of the chubby sticks.

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl 

The Super Strawberry is also one of my favorite Clinique Chubby sticks. I have the full size one which I bought after I bought a gift set that had a medium sized one with the long plastic cap, then I bought a set of minis that also included a Super Strawberry chubby stick. 

Just an FYI for those that don't know, but the mini chubby sticks aren't retractable while the medium and full size ones are retractable - you roll them up and down. All of the various chubby sticks are the same diameter which is why the caps are interchangeable.

Honored Contributor

@TY  Thanks for the info.  I used to wear Clinique Happy and Happy Heart perfume and their lipsticks, etc.

But I've always used (and still do) their creamy eye makeup remover.  My hand wiggles a bit anymore when I put on my beloved eye makeup.  Hence, I use a Q-tip and a drop of Clinique eye make up remover.

My granddaughter's favorite place is to go with me to Ulta.  I've posted here before about our 'outings' at Ulta.  It's Disneyland for her!  Ha!

Although, surprisingly, since she's gotten older (she's going on 17) she hasn't been wearing as much.  She's so good at it she could even work doing it (like many girls her age).

Anyway, I haven't been to Ulta in maybe 2 months.  I'll check with my granddaughter and we can take a trip there....I'll check out some of the lipsticks.

I don't have much trouble with my lips drying out (weird....since I have issues with dry everything)...

Anyway, (see how I get off topic)....where was I?  Oh!  I'm just so tired of constantly applying lipstick.

I'm from the 60's and I love eye makeup and when I get a compliment that I don't look my age I always say, "It's because I paint (and move my hand over my face) this all up".  Ha!

They laugh but I'm serious.  Take care and thanks again.

Honored Contributor

I forgot to say I've had a hard time finding peach colors or orange lipstick (I hate pink).

But lately I'm finding it more and more.  I love wearing true red lipstick.  I've found a few that are a true red and matte.

I'll try to look at the tubes and see which one it is (there are so many but most are QVC and a few HSN.  The one I wore yesterday was a beautiful red, no blues or pinks in it.  It lasted too.

I'll try to get some of the tubes tomorrow...Stay warm and safe.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I forgot to say I've had a hard time finding peach colors or orange lipstick (I hate pink).

But lately I'm finding it more and more.  I love wearing true red lipstick.  I've found a few that are a true red and matte.

I'll try to look at the tubes and see which one it is (there are so many but most are QVC and a few HSN.  The one I wore yesterday was a beautiful red, no blues or pinks in it.  It lasted too.

I'll try to get some of the tubes tomorrow...Stay warm and safe.

I like peach lipstick too and the prettiest one I've found lately is

A330701 Laura Geller Lipstick in the color Peach Tree.