Respected Contributor

Clinique and Bobbi Brown fans ,

25% off this weekend , i am taking advantage and stocking up.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Clinique and Bobbi Brown fans ,

@MW in Iowa  Where is this 25% off happening?  The brand websites or a particular store? 

Respected Contributor

Bobbi Brown has a 25% off on her website and I believe so does Clinique.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchased on the BB site.... foundation sticks, Alabaster & Porcelain (2 each), Tinted Moisturizer and a Soothing Cleansing Oil.

It’s a shame that I don’t use any other products. All my skincare and makeup were Bobbi Brown. The prices are quite high now for what you get. Lipstick formulas and single shadows are being discontinued, except for a few expensive metallic ones. There are several shadow palettes  available and at 25% may be OK if the colors suit you. 

I just got disgusted when 5 star review products began to disappear. It just makes no sense. I’m not loyal to the line anymore. As soon as I can find foundation sticks & tinted moisturizer in such fair neutral shades, I’m gone. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Try Clinique CC creams. Most neutral shades. No yellow. I used to everything BB, but it has become way to yellow for me.
Clinique has a CC cream that is buildable ( I like on the sheer side but you can make it heavier ) and it is light/medium. Perfect shade and has SPF. 

Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I purchased on the BB site.... foundation sticks, Alabaster & Porcelain (2 each), Tinted Moisturizer and a Soothing Cleansing Oil.

It’s a shame that I don’t use any other products. All my skincare and makeup were Bobbi Brown. The prices are quite high now for what you get. Lipstick formulas and single shadows are being discontinued, except for a few expensive metallic ones. There are several shadow palettes  available and at 25% may be OK if the colors suit you. 

I just got disgusted when 5 star review products began to disappear. It just makes no sense. I’m not loyal to the line anymore. As soon as I can find foundation sticks & tinted moisturizer in such fair neutral shades, I’m gone. 

Shanus, can you please update us if you find any replacement items that are close to Bobbi Brown items: foundation stick, pot gel eyeliners, cream eyeshadows etc.  I've used BB for over 25 years, and am so disappointed as to what they are doing.  I emailed their customer service last week, stating that Bobbi Brown has become a mere image of what it once was.  Of course, they responded with  their standard message that they were sorry etc., and that I could try to order the discontinued items before they are gone,  I replied back, saying that was not the intention of my message,  and stated that why, when there is so much competition around these days, that they would discontinue five star rated items. I told them to read their customer reviews, and that many of us are looking for alternatives.  This time, they responded and said that "they would send my communication to appropriate person to review".  Yea, we'll see how that goes!  Yes, I'm trying to look for alternatives, but not having much success.

Honored Contributor

@Clearsunshine   Of course, I’ll have updates. As far as cream shadows, I like Laura Mercier’s Shadow Sticks...waterproof and less expensive than BB’s. Pot gel liners is tough...BB started to dry out faster than usual and many of the best shades were discontinued. I started using waterproof pencil liners, softer look and no worries about drying if cap on tight. You can also find infinite number of colors. I like Urban Decay 24/7 pencils, Mally’s liners, too. Still no luck w/ foundation sticks, but a friend recommended the Bare Minerals Foundation Stick. I’ll give it a test run. 

Trusted Contributor

just ordered my soap for 11.25 vs, 15.00... i always get my clinique when there's a big sale

Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Clearsunshine   Of course, I’ll have updates. As far as cream shadows, I like Laura Mercier’s Shadow Sticks...waterproof and less expensive than BB’s. Pot gel liners is tough...BB started to dry out faster than usual and many of the best shades were discontinued. I started using waterproof pencil liners, softer look and no worries about drying if cap on tight. You can also find infinite number of colors. I like Urban Decay 24/7 pencils, Mally’s liners, too. Still no luck w/ foundation sticks, but a friend recommended the Bare Minerals Foundation Stick. I’ll give it a test run. 

Thanks so much.  Your information is always very helpful.

Esteemed Contributor

It's a huge disappointment to me that BB is discontinuing single pressed eyeshadows. For many years there have been colors in that collection my makeup case has not been without.  Another blow to a once unbeatable brand, even for those of us who love shopping and using products from multiple brands.