Respected Contributor

Clinique a Candy Store Lipstick set -- Holiday 2016

[ Edited ]

I was walking through Macy's the other night and noticed Coinique has a new GWP, so thought to myself that they might have another lipstick set like they did last year. Must be that I was meant to get it, because the lady said they had just gotten them in and hadn't even displayed them yet. Love. This. Set. It's the long last lipstick formula, and I really love the shades. There is a nude/pink/brown (wasn't sure I would like it, but I really do!), a bright coral, a bright rose, a plum (looked scary, but beautiful on, especially for fall), and a bright berry-fuschia shade. My coloring is neutral leaning cool, blonde hair, blue eyes, fair skin, and literally every shade looks great on me. I liked the set last year, but definitely prefer this formula over the matte ones from last years set. $25 for 5 lipsticks. Not sure if it's exclusive to Macy's or not, but it's on their site now. Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

Re: Clinique a Candy Store Lipstick set -- Holiday 2016

I will have to check that set out at our Clinique counter the next time I am out at the mall. I purchased the 7 Days of the week set last year, but I wasn't too crazy about the matte formula or the colors after I got them on. Maybe this set will be better for me.

Trusted Contributor

@FUTURE ENABLER!!  😁 I'm sure you were the one who posted about the one last year that I had to have!! The Kisses one...I bought 2 and still have one set.  Was going to gift them then holiday plans changed and I didn't.😛 I'm sure they are still good so maybe this year or eBay LOL

Ok back to the Candy one.  What to buy to make it $27 for the GWP?  I only use their mascara and am stocked up.  Any suggestions?

Respected Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@FUTURE ENABLER!!  😁 I'm sure you were the one who posted about the one last year that I had to have!! The Kisses one...I bought 2 and still have one set.  Was going to gift them then holiday plans changed and I didn't.😛 I'm sure they are still good so maybe this year or eBay LOL

Ok back to the Candy one.  What to buy to make it $27 for the GWP?  I only use their mascara and am stocked up.  Any suggestions?

Hey, @Suebdoo!! Hope you like the set, if you get it. I also purchased a lip lacquer in "lava pop", a bright red color. I don't wear red lips often, but this shade was stunning. I could wear alone, or on top of another color. I tried it on, and she actually didn't give me a ton on the wand, so it was sheer. But when I put it on at home, I applied it "full blast", and it was bright and bold. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

I will have to check that set out at our Clinique counter the next time I am out at the mall. I purchased the 7 Days of the week set last year, but I wasn't too crazy about the matte formula or the colors after I got them on. Maybe this set will be better for me.

I hope they work for you, if you decide to get them. I definitely like this formulation better. With the mattes, I generally apply a balm under or light touch of gloss over, to make them more wearable. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@FUTURE, thanks for posting this.  I ordered this set last night as I can wear all of these colors.  This lipstick has a great rating from Beautypedia and many other good reviews.  I had some money left on a gift card from Macy's and went through Ebates who was paying 10% back so these will be less than $5 each.  A wonderful deal!

Super Contributor

This is NOT GWP, but rather $25 for the set.  You can get an additional discount with ebates & your Macy's card...hope that helps!Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

How about a pencil sharpener? Or ask the SA what is their least expensive item. If you're ordering online, you could pull up their whole line and then use the search filter set on "least expensive."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@wenfen wrote:

This is NOT GWP, but rather $25 for the set.  You can get an additional discount with ebates & your Macy's card...hope that helps!Smiley Very Happy

@wenfen yes I know.  I was asking because you get the GWP spending $27 and since the lip set is $25 might as well spend at least the extra $2 +.

@suzyQ3 yeah I'm looking that way.  Maybe if I go into the store they will find a way.  Lancome is that what with their holiday sets....they just let you buy them without the fragrance purchase.   I need nada of course.  

Honored Contributor

@FUTURE, I picked up the set today. I've tried two shades so far and like them, but I'm not so sure about the other three that are darker than I usually wear.

You mentioned that these are not matte, but the back of tin describes them as "long last soft matte," which is the same as the set of five lipsticks last year. I like the finish because normally I can't wear matte...too drying for me.

The set of seven last year, the one with each named as a day of the week, are each labeled as just "long last.. So they are not the soft matte finish.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland