Respected Contributor

Re: Clinique a Candy Store Lipstick set -- Holiday 2016

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@FUTURE, I picked up the set today. I've tried two shades so far and like them, but I'm not so sure about the other three that are darker than I usually wear.

You mentioned that these are not matte, but the back of tin describes them as "long last soft matte," which is the same as the set of five lipsticks last year. I like the finish because normally I can't wear matte...too drying for me.

The set of seven last year, the one with each named as a day of the week, are each labeled as just "long last.. So they are not the soft matte finish.

Yes, the Sugar Plummy shade is the long last soft matte, but the others are just long last (which I prefer). Thanks for mentioning that, and sorry about any confusion!  

as for the colors being bright, I'm wondering if you could put a lighter gloss on top, or the nude/pink/brown shade (Jolly Bean?) from the set, to kind of mute them. I normally don't wear really bright shades, but for some reason, these shades and the ones last year all work on me!!

Honored Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@FUTURE, I picked up the set today. I've tried two shades so far and like them, but I'm not so sure about the other three that are darker than I usually wear.

You mentioned that these are not matte, but the back of tin describes them as "long last soft matte," which is the same as the set of five lipsticks last year. I like the finish because normally I can't wear matte...too drying for me.

The set of seven last year, the one with each named as a day of the week, are each labeled as just "long last.. So they are not the soft matte finish.

Yes, the Sugar Plummy shade is the long last soft matte, but the others are just long last (which I prefer). Thanks for mentioning that, and sorry about any confusion!  

as for the colors being bright, I'm wondering if you could put a lighter gloss on top, or the nude/pink/brown shade (Jolly Bean?) from the set, to kind of mute them. I normally don't wear really bright shades, but for some reason, these shades and the ones last year all work on me!!

@FUTURE, did I actually say that all five in the new tin are the soft matter formula? Why, yes, I did.

It's amazing how a simple magnifying glass has shown me the light. :-) Bless these poor old eyes, eh?

Heart

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@FUTURE wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@FUTURE, did I actually say that all five in the new tin are the soft matter formula? Why, yes, I did.

It's amazing how a simple magnifying glass has shown me the light. :-) Bless these poor old eyes, eh?

Heart

Lol!!! HeartHeart

Frequent Contributor

Yeah. I went to Macy's website and bought the lipsticks. So appreciate the info

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I love those mattes from last year.  I hope these are the same formula.

Does anyone have swatch pics???

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I love those mattes from last year.  I hope these are the same formula.

Does anyone have swatch pics???

@winamac1, FUTURE very graciously corrected a couple posts back. Only one of the five is the long last matte formula. The other four are long last but with a satin finish.

I don't think that swatches are availble yet. I think you might like the three darker shades, if I recall correctly. :-) It is a nice set.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland