Valued Contributor

Clinique Foundation Ingredients

I have finally figured out that I break out from Dimethicone in foundations and primers.  I did a "live chat" with a rep from Clinique and asked if all of their foundations contained Dimethicone.  The response was that they could not disclose that information online, but I could call their 1-800 number.  Isn't that odd?  I specially wanted to know if that ingredient is in the Acne Solutions Foundation and she could not answer me.

Valued Contributor

Re: Clinique Foundation Ingredients

I agree and refuse to buy any product from any manufacturer who doesn't disclose ingredients. A quick Google search led me to the ingredients for the acne foundation product you're looking for here. (Sephora website also usually lists ingredients, so that's another place to check for ingredient lists in the future.)

Esteemed Contributor

Every box of Clinique foundation lists ingrediants.  I just received a box of Clinique foundation and the ingrediants are all there even leading down with a continuation on the bottom of the box.

Valued Contributor

@AspenGrove wrote:

I agree and refuse to buy any product from any manufacturer who doesn't disclose ingredients. A quick Google search led me to the ingredients for the acne foundation product you're looking for here. (Sephora website also usually lists ingredients, so that's another place to check for ingredient lists in the future.)

Thanks so much!  Yes, I order a lot from Sephora but they don't list the Clinique ingredients either.  I just find that so odd.  I really appreciate your help!

Valued Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

Every box of Clinique foundation lists ingrediants.  I just received a box of Clinique foundation and the ingrediants are all there even leading down with a continuation on the bottom of the box.

Yes, I realize that the actual box would list the ingredients -- but that doesn't help when you have to order online.  Thanks for the response.

Trusted Contributor

Did you call the 800 number as they suggested?

Valued Contributor

@scotnovel wrote:

Did you call the 800 number as they suggested?

No, but I will when I'm not at work.  It will be interesting to see if they actually have a foundation without Dimethicone.  It seems to be everywhere!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Coco Butter Bean wrote:

Thanks so much!  Yes, I order a lot from Sephora but they don't list the Clinique ingredients either.  I just find that so odd.  I really appreciate your help!

You are most welcome! Happy to help. Also found this interesting blog piece about finding dimethicone- and all-"cone"-free foundations. Might be worth a read.

Regular Contributor

I personally think it should be mandatory that any cosmetic or toiletry item being sold online should have the complete list of ingredients disclosed in the description.  I don't understand a company's reasoning for not stating (online) what is in their product.  Why does making an item available via the Internet exempt them from that responsibility?