Respected Contributor

Clinique Difference Makers Set: For Dry Combination Skin

Does anyone use Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 and would you recommend. It is a Beauty IQ special for $26.00 I am thinking about buying but have not used and see no reviews. Thank you!

https://www.qvc.com/Clinique-Difference-Makers-Set%3A-For-Dry-Combina-tion-Skin.product.A592270.html...

Trusted Contributor

Re: Clinique Difference Makers Set: For Dry Combination Skin

@Iwantcoffee
Have you tried looking at MakeupAlley to see if there are reviews there? I do go there when I can't find any reviews. Hope you can get some info.
Respected Contributor

You can go to Sephora and Ulta and read hundreds of reviews

Respected Contributor

@IwantcoffeeThe Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 was one step in my skin care regime. There was a mild soap, then the Clarifying lotion, and finally a moisturizer. It was simple and easy to use. My skin looks younger than my years, so it must have helped.

I moved on to some other products, but I do still find myself using Clinique. I like the Moisture Surge when my skin is feeling parched.

Valued Contributor

@On Itwrote:

@IwantcoffeeThe Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 was one step in my skin care regime. There was a mild soap, then the Clarifying lotion, and finally a moisturizer. It was simple and easy to use. My skin looks younger than my years, so it must have helped.

I moved on to some other products, but I do still find myself using Clinique. I like the Moisture Surge when my skin is feeling parched.

In an article I read yesterday about Dr. Fayne L. Frey. She says you need a mild cleanser, a good moisturizer, and sunscreen. That's basically my routine with the addition of squalane oil. I will use those samples because I like trying different things. She has a website called fryface, I'm going to do some reading when I get a chance.

Respected Contributor

I read reviews on Makeup Alley and Sephora, while some liked it others had a problem with alcohol denat as an ingredient. I looked this up and found it can be irritating or drying to sensitive skin. I decided not to purchase.

Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffeewrote:

Does anyone use Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 and would you recommend. It is a Beauty IQ special for $26.00 I am thinking about buying but have not used and see no reviews. Thank you!

https://www.qvc.com/Clinique-Difference-Makers-Set%3A-For-Dry-Combina-tion-Skin.product.A592270.html...

This product has old technology and is really no more than a strong alcohol based astringent part of Clinique's 3 step program. It was similar to Sea Breeze.

I used it for years and it caused redness and irritation. When I would go to a Clinique counter person, complaining of irritation, they would tell me I needed to purge my skin. That never happened and I really developed further redness and irritation. I think there are better products on the market and would never recommend this harsh product @Iwantcoffee .

Contributor

Clarifying Lotion #2 is the favorite part of my cleansing routine - I have been using it for years and is the one thing I could never give up. I also look much younger than my true age, I account that to never having sat in the sun, genetics and a good facial regimen.

The #2 has menthol in it which I find very refreshing, esp early in the morning as I get ready for work.

$26.00 for these two bottles is a great price - thanks to you, I will be ordering some more.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I use this clarifying lotion as it's part of my daily routine.

Since it works for my sensitive skin, there's no need to try anything else.

Trusted Contributor

i have been getting it directly from their website for years... i just ordered the huge clairlying lotion for 19.00.. a few times a yr. they have the whole website for 30% off....