Contributor

Just became aware of clear mascara. Did a little research and I'm interested. Thinking it might be good for minimal/no makeup days. Would appreciate your thoughts and opinions. Have you tried?  Can you recommend a brand? Looking forward to your input. Thanks Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: Clear Mascara

[ Edited ]

Inexpensive brands like Cover Girl and Maybelline make them just as good as any other, can also be used as a brow tamer. I used them for a long time when I would find black lines all under my eyes from black mascara. They may not give as dramatic results on lashes as black, but good enough and no chance of black under the eyes. They can also act as a good lash conditioner or as a primer under black mascara. 

Honored Contributor

I only use clear mascara now.  It lengthens and separates with out an artificial look.  I use Maybelline.   I get it in a two pack from Amazon.  

Honored Contributor

@danielsl 

If you've got the Lash length for it and want a minimalist look, I think it would be a great product for you. I no longer have the Lash length and I like a more dramatic look so it's falsies for me

Respected Contributor

Clear mascara has been out for many years.  My eyelashes used to be black and thick and that's when I used clear mascara.

It does nothing for my lashes now.

I use it mainly for an eyebrow tamer and it works fairly well for that.

Respected Contributor

Re: Clear Mascara

[ Edited ]

I've been wearing clear mascara for decades. I use it to tame my eyebrows. I prefer Maybelline, because of the shape of the bristles. Covergirl has curved bristles. . 

Honored Contributor

I think I need to get some clear mascara. My lashes are wonky.🤪 Some grow up, some down and some go sideways. Need to train them...lol!

Trusted Contributor

I use clear mascara (Maybelline brand) alot, especially after I have my lashes tinted & lifted.  

Even before I started tinted my lashes, I would put one stroke of black mascara and then use the clear.  

Contributor

Thank you ladies. I ordered the Maybelline two pack on Amazon - $5.00 off!  I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Linda

Super Contributor
@roeroe1005
Hello , would you mind sharing your lash tint/lift experience? I'm really interested in giving it a try ! Thank you 😊