Respected Contributor

Re: Cleansing face --- makeup is not coming off???

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I have to use very gentle products on my sensitive, rosacea prone face. Everything fragrance-free and no tugging or scrubbing!  

I found a Neutrogena creme cleanser that I really like --- so gentle and very moisturing!  

I cleaned my face the other night and all I had on my face was powder.  I looked at my skin in a magnifier mirror and was shocked to see traces of the powder still there! ...

@AngelPuppy1 

Try double-cleansing with the  Neutrogena cleanser. Some of my gentler cleansers recommend using twice if necessary. 

Respected Contributor

@just bee I use this same cleansing regimen. 

What Konjac sponge do you use and where do you purchase?  I haven't heard of that one.  Thanks

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

What Konjac sponge do you use and where do you purchase?  I haven't heard of that one.  Thanks

@Sunshine Kate 

I've been using Konjac sponges for years.  I started with one for sensitive skin, made by EcoTools, then tried Earth Therapeutics.  I search for sales.  Originally bought them from drugstore.com and then, when they disappeared, my hunt began.  I've found them at Walmart and have ordered from Ulta and Walgreens websites. 

There are several companies that sell the sponge in a variety of sizes, shapes and colors.  Many are treated with different substances like charcoal, green tea, clay, collagen...

I just really like them!  They average $5 each, but I stock them when I see a sale.  Always keep a few in the closet.

ETA:

Just checked Ulta and they have turmeric and aloe EcoTools sponges at $4.99 -- buy one, get one 50% off.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

Check out Amazon for the sponges. Many varieties and great prices.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1I use argan oil to break down my makeup (It's very soothing to my skin, too) & then I use my cleanser.

I use JM, Shea Moisture or Ulta brand. Whichever I can get a good deal on.

I wear ALL of the makeups. The argan oil works on waterproof makeup & regular.

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1I use argan oil to break down my makeup (It's very soothing to my skin, too) & then I use my cleanser.

I use JM, Shea Moisture or Ulta brand. Whichever I can get a good deal on.

I wear ALL of the makeups. The argan oil works on waterproof makeup & regular.

@Dusty1 

I've purchased several oils and I just can't use them up quickly enough.  I may steal your idea. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also give a thumbs up for the CeraVe cleansers. However, I find the hydrating version not very good at removing all of my makeup. The foaming version does remove makeup really well but it can be drying. So what I like to do is mix those two cleansers...one pump of each...and then wash my face that way. I can get the best of both cleansers by mixing them together and for me that's a nearly perfect cleanser.Woman Happy

I just ordered this new Pop Sonic Spade. I plan on using it with my CeraVe cleansers. 

A345772
Pop Sonic Spade Sonic Cleansing Device
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1  I think with many cream cleansers they just smoosh stuff around on your face because they aren't able to break down makeup well.  I've had excellent success using Dr. Young Camellia Cleansing Oil for single step cleansing.  I've also had a similar experience with Skinn Cosmetics PM cleanser.  I find both to be gentle as well as effective but I don't like getting either near my eyes so I'll use a micellar wipe or Banilla Co. Clean It cleansing balm there.  The "Clean It" product can be used on your entire face if you prefer.  If you are partial to your cleanser and want to use something you already have on hand, I would use your micellar water first, to get the surface stuff off your face, and then follow up with a true cleansing step using your cleanser.  If you want only a single step to get everything done, look for a new cleanser that will do a better job of breaking down your makeup.

Respected Contributor

Gentle cleansers like that are not good at getting makeup off. I’d recommend a double cleanse. I double cleanse morning and night. In the morning it’s a foaming cleanser followed by rice bran powder. At night it’s a cleansing balm followed by one of several different products. The balm really gets most of the makeup off yet it’s soothing and gentle. Oil based cleansers are very gentle yet highly effective.

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1Try double cleansing with the Neutrogena you have..,using makeup wipes can be irritating to sensative skin & wash cloths. You can use a cotton round with miscellar water if you have used it before without irritation. If you have a organic oil you could try mixing that with your cleanser to break down the makeup. Good Luck!