Super Contributor

Re: Cleansing conditioner or Co-wash recommendations

On 8/30/2014 kcladyz said:
On 8/30/2014 sun8shine said:

I just got the Hair Milk from Carol's Daughter - it smells great but I haven't tried it yet. They also say on the website that you can co-wash with the Monoi conditioners and some others.

According to PETA they are cruelty free. They are selling it at Target now.

I have had really nice results from the Monoi and from the other products I have tried. HSN has Monoi on easy pay this week.

The monoi has a gorgeous gardenia scent.

That stuff is really good the smell is a little strong tho

I agree about the scent with the hair milk and for the line as a whole - if the scent was taken down just a few notches it would be better. I've used the hairmilk co-wash a few times and I am getting really nice results for my hair. It gets really curly and is very easy to style and it looks less damaged which is nice.

Frequent Contributor

I like Deva Curl but if you have used Wen you will find Pantene, Herbal Essence and Hair one will not be nearly as conditioning and hydrating as Wen. I no longer use Wen because the price is way too much but when it comes to the cleansing conditioners I think you get what you pay for.

Respected Contributor

There are several threads on this already.

Bioterra from sallys beauty supply and Vidal Sassoon at drugstore.com are very good. better than hair on and pantene.

But pantene has a cowash ( not the cc) in a brown bottle in the ethnic hair section that works great on white people hair.

Carols Daughter cowash is fantastic too

Honored Contributor

On 9/7/2014 Andreatoo said:
On 9/7/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 9/7/2014 Andreatoo said: I'd like to try the Shea Moisture co wash, the reviews on the internet are terrific, but if the whole point is to save money from Wen, which I love, it's not really doing that! Its 12 for 8 ounces. has anyone tried the Palmers?

I agree but walgreens has sales sometimes and I got it for $7.99 I've been usung it for my first cleanse (scalp only) and really like it but went through it pretty quickly.

but there is the convenience factor. I can run to the store and pick it up I don't have to wait for it to be delivered and pay shipping and handling!I will definitely try it when it goes on sale. I did not see comparisons to wen, most comparing to deva no poo, but they were people with hair like mine, dry and curly, and very positive results

oh yeah, I definitely think it is worth it if you can get it for cheaper, otherwise it is not much less than WEN. I don't think I could ever use it on all of my hair though as I don't find it particularly moisturizing, which my hair needs. I don't have curly hair though so maybe it works differently for curly hair. I used the same brand and scent in the shampoo and conditioner and didn't like it as it made my hair a tangled, dry mess. Weird, for a coconut based product.

Esteemed Contributor

I am loving T'weaked. I like rotating multiple products for cleaning and conditioning my hair, but T'weaked is a new favorite. However the price will amount to what you pay for WEN. I haven't done so yet, but Biolage has some new products in a line called Biolage Advanced which I plan to try soon. Research the products on their website and decide for yourself which set would be best for your hair type.

Respected Contributor

I can not find the shea butter cowash anyplace but i find the other products from the same brand.

Respected Contributor

On 9/8/2014 CrystalBlue1 said:

I like Deva Curl but if you have used Wen you will find Pantene, Herbal Essence and Hair one will not be nearly as conditioning and hydrating as Wen. I no longer use Wen because the price is way too much but when it comes to the cleansing conditioners I think you get what you pay for.

Bioterra I have pictured earlier is as moisturizing as wen but rinses out easier and smell is not strong or overpowering.

Honored Contributor

On 9/8/2014 kcladyz said:

I can not find the shea butter cowash anyplace but i find the other products from the same brand.

I found it at Walgreens (if you're referring to Shea Moisture). You may be thrown by the fact that it's such a small bottle! Only 8 ozs!

Honored Contributor

On 9/8/2014 Trix said:

I am loving T'weaked. I like rotating multiple products for cleaning and conditioning my hair, but T'weaked is a new favorite. However the price will amount to what you pay for WEN. I haven't done so yet, but Biolage has some new products in a line called Biolage Advanced which I plan to try soon. Research the products on their website and decide for yourself which set would be best for your hair type.

I like tweak-d too but I agree, it is not a cost savings from WEN. I love the scent though! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I used to use super cheap Suave as my cleansing conditioner and then used a Matrix Biolage conditioning balm to moisturize afterward.

A lot of curly girls use DevaCurl One Condition to cleanse and condition.