Honored Contributor

Re: Cleansing conditioner or Co-wash recommendations

On 8/28/2014 jljm said:

let us know how your homemade cleanser works and don't forget to include the recipe {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I was a Wen user for years. It quit working for my mid-back, stick straight hair. I went VO5 Clarifying Cond three years ago and haven't looked back. The PETA sight is down but if Herbal Essence is cruelty free, I may try that just for a change.

Proctor and gamble owns herbal essence. P&G is one of the biggest animal testers. {#emotions_dlg.crying} But you use VO5 and that isn't cruelty free so I guess it doesn't really matter if HE is or not.

Honored Contributor

On 8/28/2014 jaxs mom said:

You know, I think I'm going to actually try herbal hair care. I'm going to try mixing my own herbs to cleanse. I've read up on it before and I've made beauty products in the past ( a long time ago). I really want something where I control the ingredients and is all natural. So far I'm looking at Yucca Root, Amla, Fenugreek and Rhassoul powder. You can even use aloe vera as the liquid base, or just water. I want to check my local health food store for the items and if I can't find them I'll purchase online.

good luck! Let us know how it goes. It will probably take a bit to get a good formula worked out but I think it would be fun to experiment!

Contributor

On 8/28/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 8/28/2014 jljm said:

let us know how your homemade cleanser works and don't forget to include the recipe {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I was a Wen user for years. It quit working for my mid-back, stick straight hair. I went VO5 Clarifying Cond three years ago and haven't looked back. The PETA sight is down but if Herbal Essence is cruelty free, I may try that just for a change.

Proctor and gamble owns herbal essence. P&G is one of the biggest animal testers. {#emotions_dlg.crying} But you use VO5 and that isn't cruelty free so I guess it doesn't really matter if HE is or not.

Noooo say it isn't so! I was told VO5 was cruelty free. I looked them up a while back but couldn't find any info so I believed the lady at Walgreens. THANK YOU so much Happy. Now I feel sick for using it. On to something truly cruelty free.

Honored Contributor

On 8/28/2014 jljm said:
On 8/28/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 8/28/2014 jljm said:

Noooo say it isn't so! I was told VO5 was cruelty free. I looked them up a while back but couldn't find any info so I believed the lady at Walgreens. THANK YOU so much Happy. Now I feel sick for using it. Off to start a new search.

hey we do the best we can! I just found out a line I really love may actually be owned by a company that tests so if true, that makes me sad and I've bought a few things since I decided to go cruelty free.

Frequent Contributor

As I Am cleansing conditioner is the only thing I have tried that is as good as Wen. Usually 7 or 8 bucks for a 16 ounce tub at Walgreens. (I pour it into an empty pump bottle.) Smells great like coconuts, too!

edited to add: currently on sale at Walgreens for 5.49!

Honored Contributor

On 8/28/2014 RiosMom said:

As I Am cleansing conditioner is the only thing I have tried that is an good as Wen. Usually 7 or 8 bucks for a 16 ounce tub at Walgreens. (I pour it into an empty pump bottle.) Smells great like coconuts, too!

Thanks, I've seen that product line before but never tried it.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Vidal Sassoon has one you can buy on drugstor.com and it is fantastic. So is bioterra at sally beauty supply. Renpure has a new coconut on drugstore.com but have not tried it

Respected Contributor

On 8/28/2014 kcladyz said:

Vidal Sassoon has one you can buy on drugstor.com and it is fantastic. So is bioterra at sally beauty supply. Renpure has a new coconut on drugstore.com but have not tried it

As god as my witness both of these are fab! Carol daughter cowas is great but its expensive like wen

Honored Contributor

On 8/28/2014 jaxs mom said:
On 8/28/2014 RiosMom said:

As I Am cleansing conditioner is the only thing I have tried that is an good as Wen. Usually 7 or 8 bucks for a 16 ounce tub at Walgreens. (I pour it into an empty pump bottle.) Smells great like coconuts, too!

Thanks, I've seen that product line before but never tried it.

They have this line at Sally Beauty with free shipping & 25% off with coupon listed above. They have a cleansing pudding & a co-wash & some other products.

Honored Contributor

Well I had no luck finding the herbs at the local health food store. So I guess I'm going to have to order online.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval