Trusted Contributor
Are these okay to use everyday or will they eventually clog pores? Should a deep cleansing foam be used to alternate? I use a cleansing cream+ toner and am wondering if I should alternate occasionally. Dry/combo skin here. Thanks đź‘Ťđź‘Ť
Honored Contributor

I use a cleansing balm almost everyday. I use that and then wipe down with a damp microfiber cloth to remove anything left. I never do a double cleanse with a regular cleanser nor do I use a toner. Never had a breakout.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Midmod wrote:
Are these okay to use everyday or will they eventually clog pores? Should a deep cleansing foam be used to alternate? I use a cleansing cream+ toner and am wondering if I should alternate occasionally. Dry/combo skin here. Thanks đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

@Midmod typically a cleansing balm or cleansing oil at night is for breaking down spf and removing surface makeup. Then one would follow up with an actual cleanser.  I use either a a cleansing oil or balm every night and then wash with Vanicream cleanser.  Some people only use a wet washcloth or splash of water in the AM, but not me. I start over with my Vanicream again, followed by my AM treat,ent products.  

BTW, I used to have congested pores and an oily t-zone.  When I discovered oil cleansing and a silicone cleansing tool (Foreo Luna dupe), my congested pores cleared up and my skin normalized.  

Honored Contributor

@Midmod  I just use a cleansing balm or a cleansing oil if I have no makeup or sunscreen on my face. When I do have these on,then I cleanse first with my oil or cream cleanser, then use a gentle but stronger cleanser at the end  to really cleans good. 

Trusted Contributor
That's my routine exactly. I'm not thinking of breakouts per SE, just skin that doesn't look clean. I'm wondering about the long term effects and whether it will clean deep enough below the surface. Thoughts?
Would it depend on environmental factors?
Trusted Contributor
I have a gentle cleanser I haven't opened yet. I started the cleansing cream in the winter hoping it would help my dry skin. I suppose I should start alternating the two. I just didn't like how my skin looked this morning after waking. I did cleanse last night. It just wasn't radiant and I use good skin care.
Honored Contributor

A periodic use of an exfoliant should take care of most deep cleansing needs. Removing the outermost layer of dead skin will usually remove any deep residual products, oils and just plain dirt. After exfoliation the skin is 'naked' and ready for some good hydration and other good stuff.

Trusted Contributor
@SilleeMee

I do exfoliate 2-3 x a week
Honored Contributor

@Midmod 

Are you having any issues with your skin?

Trusted Contributor
Besides my skin changing now that I'm in my mid 50's, no.
Just thought my skin looked dull this morning. And the cleansing cream is my only recent change