Valued Contributor

Re: Cleansing Oil

[ Edited ]

Palmer's cocoa butter brand cleansing oil is the best I've tried yet.  Love it.  Doesn't dry my skin; removes makeup effectively; just the right consistency.  Worth more than what it costs.  Can be found at most any drugstore, grocery store, or big box store (i. e. Target, Walmart, and the like).

Respected Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Thanks For the heads up MUAddict!  I always use cleansing oil on my super dry face.  I was hoping there was one at brick and mortar!  Where do you get this?  

Good health and beauty in 2017! 

@Skyegirl21 Target and Walmart carry it. I bought mine on Targets site. Palmers .com carries it as well. You can get 20% off on your first purchase, but I don't know about shipping charges for that site. 

I really love this oil. My face doesn't feel tight after using it. I have rosecea and th8s doesn't irritate my skin; just makes it clean and soft.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Cleansing Oil

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I've tried a few cleansing oils and for me Dr. Young Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil (get it on Amazon) has been the best.  I've reordered many times and never want to be without it. I still prefer using a facial cloth to get the surface stuff off, but then I do the cleansing with the oil.  Apply a couple pumps of the oil to your face, rub it around, then add a little water to turn it into a milk.  Use a warm, wet washcloth to remove it or you can splash rinse if you prefer.  You'll have clean skin that isn't dried out.  If you prefer a double-cleanse method, use the cleansing oil first and then your other cleanser second.  

I just checked that one out JLF.  It has lavender in it.  I think Paula says that can be irritating.  I use the Clnique as it gets rave reviews and doesn't have any other "esesntial" oils in it.

Hi @winamac1  Ultimately, everyone has to choose for themselves according to their own gut.  Sometimes I feel PC reviews are a little overboard because she/her staff have to cover every possibility, but if you follow her that's your business.  All I can say is the lavender oil is low on the list and is listed as protecting the skin so there might just be a difference of opinons on the ingredient.  I know for me, it doesn't irritate or I wouldn't have continued using it for over three years.  It's also a positive that the price hasn't increased in that time either.  In fact, today on Amazon Prime, it's actually 20 cents cheaper than what I paid on my first order back in October, 2013.

I agree.

I used to not put credence into her reviews, but I now do.  I rarely buy a product without looking at her reviews.  I've read into lavender and have found multiple sources that have cited some "issues" wtih it.  But, all that matters to YOU is that you like it and you find it works. for you.   Bobbi Brown and Josie Maran's also received unfavorable reviews from her.  I did see a few drugstore ones that she's given a good review to so I may try them.  

Have a nice day.

(lots of conflicting info found on this)

https://www.truthinaging.com/review/lavender-and-skin-safety

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

Dermalogica has a nice precleanse. 

Occasional Contributor

I like the Body Shop chamomile oil. They almost always have the buy 3, get 3, so I stock up. They also have a solid oil cleanser. I use it for travel, but my daughter likes it for every day. She thinks it removes make-up better than that liquid, but she wears more make-up than I do.

Respected Contributor

Look at Erno Laszlo (yes, that one). Known for his double cleanse method even in the 1920's.

Different formulas for different outcomes or needs; it lasts a long time (6 months for the full sizes).

My faves are the classic black sea mud detox and exfoliate or the phelityl oil and matching phelytyl soap to hydrate and nourish.

Sephora carries as well as the revamped Erno Laszlo website and the line is carried on Derm Store, Lovely Skin, and Belk ( a Southern dept. store).