Esteemed Contributor

I also use pure organic coconut oil and a warm washcloth to remove full face make-up and leaves my face very soft.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

Re: Cleansing Oil

[ Edited ]

Try Palmers Facial Cleansing oil! Nouveau/cheap and Musings of a Muse reviewed it. I love it! It removes all my makeup and is gentle. made in the USA and not expensive.  Edited to add:it does have a rose fragrance scent that I like, but if you are sensitive to fragrance that may not work for you. 

Honored Contributor

The Oil Cleansing Method - using Castor Oil or Castor Oil/Virgin Olive Oil mixture, works great. Very good for skin - customizable for different skin types. 

Respected Contributor

@ChillyTulip wrote:

Tatcha!!  I LOVE this cleansing oil.  It's my winter time go to especially.  I've used Purity for years but I find it too drying now.  2 pumps of Tatcha cleansing oil and it removes every last trace of make up and leaves my skin so smooth. 

I also used Tatcha and loved the way it felt.

But, it dried my skin out.  I was really surprised.  I tried a Bare Minerals one that was a little less drying.  I am liking the IT Cosmetics cleansing balm.  It is leaving my skin less dry than any other I've tried.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

Thanks For the heads up MUAddict!  I always use cleansing oil on my super dry face.  I was hoping there was one at brick and mortar!  Where do you get this?  

Good health and beauty in 2017! 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I've tried a few cleansing oils and for me Dr. Young Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil (get it on Amazon) has been the best.  I've reordered many times and never want to be without it. I still prefer using a facial cloth to get the surface stuff off, but then I do the cleansing with the oil.  Apply a couple pumps of the oil to your face, rub it around, then add a little water to turn it into a milk.  Use a warm, wet washcloth to remove it or you can splash rinse if you prefer.  You'll have clean skin that isn't dried out.  If you prefer a double-cleanse method, use the cleansing oil first and then your other cleanser second.  

I just checked that one out JLF.  It has lavender in it.  I think Paula says that can be irritating.  I use the Clnique as it gets rave reviews and doesn't have any other "esesntial" oils in it.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Anyone tried this one?  

I think I saw it at Walmart.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/by-brand/loreal-paris/_/Micellar-Cleansing...

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

LOVE Bobbi Brown cleansing oil.  I've been using it for years.

Highlighted
Super Contributor
I had a serious reaction to some skincare. I have irritation, and dry, red patches on my face and neck. Doc told me to go simple. I'm going to try pure argan oil and jojoba oil to both cleanse and moisturize. Omg....my eyelids are so swollen and itchy....I can't take it!
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I've tried a few cleansing oils and for me Dr. Young Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil (get it on Amazon) has been the best.  I've reordered many times and never want to be without it. I still prefer using a facial cloth to get the surface stuff off, but then I do the cleansing with the oil.  Apply a couple pumps of the oil to your face, rub it around, then add a little water to turn it into a milk.  Use a warm, wet washcloth to remove it or you can splash rinse if you prefer.  You'll have clean skin that isn't dried out.  If you prefer a double-cleanse method, use the cleansing oil first and then your other cleanser second.  

I just checked that one out JLF.  It has lavender in it.  I think Paula says that can be irritating.  I use the Clnique as it gets rave reviews and doesn't have any other "esesntial" oils in it.

Hi @winamac1  Ultimately, everyone has to choose for themselves according to their own gut.  Sometimes I feel PC reviews are a little overboard because she/her staff have to cover every possibility, but if you follow her that's your business.  All I can say is the lavender oil is low on the list and is listed as protecting the skin so there might just be a difference of opinons on the ingredient.  I know for me, it doesn't irritate or I wouldn't have continued using it for over three years.  It's also a positive that the price hasn't increased in that time either.  In fact, today on Amazon Prime, it's actually 20 cents cheaper than what I paid on my first order back in October, 2013.