Valued Contributor

Re: Cleanser Poll: CeraVe or Cetaphil

Cerave cream to foam cleanser. It's creamy, slightly foaming and leaves my face comfortable. I get it on Amazon. Cetaphil irritates my face and makes it red. My skin is normal to dry.

Respected Contributor

In this house, we use Cera Ve. It is nice and creamy. I don't use it to remove makeup, but I do wash in the AM with it on occasion. I usually use purity, for evening wash and makeup remover. My family, who have skin issues do use Cera Ve daily. I actually bought CVS knock off of it and it was ok, but I don't see it often. I used Cera Ve eye cream and I was irritated by it. 

Honored Contributor

The Cerave Foaming cleanser was a bit too harsh and it left my skin feeling a bit tight and dry but it did a fairly good job at taking my makeup and sunscreen off. The Cerave Hydrating cleanser left my skin feeling good but it didn't remove everything and I was left feeling like I needed to wash my face again with something else. 

I have never tried Cetaphil cleansers. I currently use Palmer's Cleansing Oil and I like it a lot.

Respected Contributor

@PilatesLover  Cetaphil for me...but ONLY the Normal to Oily formula. It takes off all my makeup, including non-waterproof mascara (I don't use waterproof anything). There is a Gentle formula, but my face never felt clean when I used it.

At 65, I still have oily skin, and Cetaphil gets it really clean without making it feel tight and "stripped".

Honored Contributor

Neither as they don't remove makeup without needing to scrub my face. I tried both and ended up with a lot of redness.

Trusted Contributor

i've been using cetaphil for many years. there are two kinds. the gentle and the daily formulas. my skin is super sensitive, so i have to use the gentle formula. the daily one makes my skin feel like it's burning. the gentle variety cleanses my face well and it doesn't feel dry. 

Respected Contributor

CeraVe.  I have been using CeraVe SA Cleanser because I've developed acne since I went into menopause.  It has helped a lot.  My daughter switched from Purity to CeraVe moisturizing cleanser and she has had great results.  She had bad teenage acne.  CeraVe and differin gel has helped her more than the prescriptions from dermatologist.

Respected Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

I'm in the process of streamlining from Paula's Choice to drugstore products.  I'm especially tired of ordering cleanser from an online company.

Between CeraVe and Cetaphil cleansers, which do you prefer?

Why?

Do you feel that these gentle dermatologist approved cleansers do a thorough job?

Thank you! ♥

Cetaphil, been using it for years.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The Cerave Foaming cleanser was a bit too harsh and it left my skin feeling a bit tight and dry but it did a fairly good job at taking my makeup and sunscreen off. The Cerave Hydrating cleanser left my skin feeling good but it didn't remove everything and I was left feeling like I needed to wash my face again with something else. 

I have never tried Cetaphil cleansers. I currently use Palmer's Cleansing Oil and I like it a lot.

@SilleeMee  I have been trying to find this but no one in my area seems to carry it.  

Honored Contributor

I dont like either of the ones you asked about but I  do like cleansers from Garnier and Simple, ones that are more gel like and natural, I have combo to oily skin.  Olay makes a variety of cleansers, look into them too.