Respected Contributor

PTFE.  Tweaked 2XL Fiber spray has it.   so do a lot of waterproof, stay-put and anti-frizz beauty products.   eye shadows, powders, primers, mascara, eye liners...

Respected Contributor

Ditto what @Shanus said.

Honored Contributor

I agree.  "Clean beauty" is such an overused term.  If I see something I like and think it might be a good product, I will buy it.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

It's beyond me why some ingredients have been called 'dirty' when there is no credible info backing up the reason for it. Take for instance mineral oil and petrolatum. Today petro-based cosmetic ingredients are as safe as it's gonna get. But years ago that wasn't the case b/c the technology was lacking to produce pure and non-toxic product. We've come a long way baby. Maybe not so much for the 'clean beauty' people who have often based their findings on old info and scare tactics.

@SilleeMee 

PREACH IT SISTER!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

The lip glosses contain 

Ethylhexyl Palmitate

which is considered a strong irritant.

Honored Contributor

Every site has their own definition of what "Clean" beauty is.  

To tell you the truth, all this "Natural" beauty is a bit of a turnoff for me too.  All natural does not automatically mean "safe".  And I have nothing against chemicals if they do a better job than a natural alternative.  But, what I really hate is products that tout their natural ingredients but when you look at the ingredient deck, the first ingredients are chemicals.  So, in reality, it is the chemical that is giving the wanted result, not those natural ingredients being touted.  

I'm interested in whether the product works or not.