Honored Contributor

Kim's lip glosses look really nice

but not buying any of the "clean beauty schtick"

I have some of her lip pencils which are great

Respected Contributor

Not sure what clean beauty is even supposed to mean.

Honored Contributor

It's a made up term, open to interpretation, and with no exact definition. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

It's a made up term, open to interpretation, and with no exact definition. 

Correct, they allow products that contain artificial dyes to be included in Clean Beauty, which I would never do. 

Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

This is what QVC says it means @FranandZoe 

The QVC® Clean Beauty seal designates that a brand formulates products without sulfates (SLS and SLES), parabens, methylisothiazolinone/methylchloroisothiazolinone, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, petrolatum, mineral oil, chemical sunscreens, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan, triclocarban, and talc.

It also indicates products contain less than one percent of synthetic fragrances and are certified cruelty-free by a third-party source.

Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

annoying buzz word

accompanied by the descriptor "bad or yucky"

Honored Contributor

It means the product expires prematurely because it's free of ingredients that makes it last. Not a fan

Honored Contributor

Pretty much, almost no names mean what common sense would lead us to believe.  Almost all the labels are used to convince consumers to buy new and different.

I do pay attention to some of the food labels, but very, very few when it comes to cosmetics and personal care products.

Honored Contributor

Re: Clean beauty

[ Edited ]

It's beyond me why some ingredients have been called 'dirty' when there is no credible info backing up the reason for it. Take for instance mineral oil and petrolatum. Today petro-based cosmetic ingredients are as safe as it's gonna get. But years ago that wasn't the case b/c the technology was lacking to produce pure and non-toxic product. We've come a long way baby. Maybe not so much for the 'clean beauty' people who have often based their findings on old info and scare tactics.

Honored Contributor

I purchase what I want or need. Sooner or later any ingredient, food or lifestyle will be declared unsafe, cancer causing, etc.