Regular Contributor

Re: Clarisonic newbie - which one to get?

Also - what drugstore cleansers are best to use with it? Should I look for ones with microbeads or just any cleanser that works for me?

Esteemed Contributor

Ophelia299:

I purchased my Mia 2 when it was a TSV a few years ago. It came with two brush heads, the charger, and the Philosophy skin care of Purity and Microderm wash. The two brush heads were normal and sensitive. I have since purchased the delicate and the deep pore (for the nose area).

I have smaller hands so that is what really made me want to try the Mia 2. I have since purchased the full size Clarisonic for the shower and am pleased with that. I actually prefer the Mia 2. It just fits my hand better.

I think to start with I would want either the set of two brush heads in normal/deep pore or normal/sensitive (depending on you skin type). Either of those would be a good starting point depending on what/if any your skin type/issues are. If you have good skin then I would opt for a set where you get two brush heads in the normal.

Hope this helps.

Regular Contributor

Thanks, DeePa. I was just checking out Clarisonic's site and am able to get the Mia 1, two additional sensitive brush heads, and 5 free samples for about $115 total with a coupon code I found. Is that a good deal?

Regular Contributor

Maybe I should wait until Black Friday to purchase. I wonder if they'll have any better deals.

Was also wondering if there is a TSV coming up any time soon...

Super Contributor

On 10/25/2014 ophelia299 said:

Also - what drugstore cleansers are best to use with it? Should I look for ones with microbeads or just any cleanser that works for me?

I think I heard on one of the presentations that you were not supposed to use rough textured scrubs with the Clarisonic(?) Maybe someone has a more definitive answer, though. I use the regular cleansers in my rotation - Purity, WEN, and PTR, at the moment.

Regular Contributor

Thanks, Colonel Meow. I was thinking that it may be too abrasive with all that.

Respected Contributor

I have the Mia 2 and I like it very much. I've had for for almost a year now.

Regular Contributor

Thanks, Hayfield. Have you noticed a difference in your skin? I have started breaking out lately. In fact, I tried some new products from Oil of Olay and the breaking out started after that, so I'm thinking my skin didn't like them! I am hoping that as I get older, the Clarisonic helps my skin get better. (I'm 32, by the way.)

Honored Contributor

I bought one finally--this summer from Nordstrom for $87 during their big sale event in July---saved a little bit of cash--anyway-I opted for the original Mia. Just one speed thats all. It's goes for one minute and its done. No multi speeds. This one is not for your body or your eye area. I think alot of folks press it too hard onto the skin and thus have issues with it being too rough for their skin. I did that at first and shied away from it, but have gotten the right pressure. I only use it once a day at night tho. I feel that is enough for me.

ophelia--that sounds like a really good deal!!

Regular Contributor

Thanks, wagirl!