Respected Contributor

Re: Clarisonic issues and warning

There is not a way to open the Clarisonic as far as I know. I believe once it dies, it will need to be replaced. I am only on my second one. My first one lasted well over 10 years. The one that I have now is about 8 years old.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:
This type of battery is meant to be drained DEEPLY, then FULLY charged before it's used again. It's made to do this over and over, and thrives on frequent use.

I don't charge until its nearly drained. No short cycle charging. Im told that eventually leads to the battery being unable to take or hold a charge.

And when I'm not using my Clairsonic that day I run it thru a 2 minute cycle anyhow. These batteries like regular use, not sitting unused for long periods. 

I do the same thing. I wait until my light goes on indicating that it needs to be charged.

Respected Contributor

I guess I am very lucky.  I have an original Clarisonic probably 8 or 9 years. Use it daily.  I charge every 3/4 weeks.  A year or so ago I bought several brushes on clearance at Ulta.  Maybe 6 for $30.  It was a major deal!!!  I change my brush maybe every six months so I still have some left.  Got my moneys worth.  I do usually take off major make up with a Neautrogena facial wipe first.  It’s still going  strong.  It’s the big one before they came out with the MIA.  Wow this freezer tip sounds promising.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Clarisonic battery can be replaced...and it will take you a couple of hours and some expertise in soldering to do it. But it is possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFOic4bioFs

I had another device, not a Clarisonic, and the battery died. So I opened it up to see what kind of battery it had. Much to my surprise it had a battery pack soldered to a microchip. That microchip was the 'brains' of the device so if I replaced the battery pack then I would have had to re-solder that microchip back together and that was not going to be any easy task so I trashed the whole thing and bought a new one.

Respected Contributor

My Clarisonic died after 2 years but since I had purchased a packet of brushes, I now just use it manually.  Those brushes are expensive!!!  It does the job.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the information. I bought 2 Mias a few years ago on a TSV in case ours "bit the dust", which they eventually did and went to charge them and they did not work at all.  I have since also purchased extra ones for me and hubs and hopefully they will charge. We tested them when we got them but haven't charged them since.  I will go home and charge them tonight and hopefully they will work. Keeping fingers crossed. If they work I will charge them every 3 months.  

Super Contributor

I can recommend the freezer treatment.   I have an original Clarisonic that has its own stand that I like much better than the Smart Mia I have.

I stopped using it for many months, so it stopped holding a charge.   Had to try the freezer hack twice to get it working and holding a full charge.  Now it works as long as I use and charge it regularly, which I will do until I use up my supply of brushes.