Valued Contributor

Clarisonic brushes ... how often do you change them?

When do you know your brush needs changing? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Clarisonic brushes ... how often do you change them?

I change mine every three months, the same day I change my toothbrush.

Because you shouldn't apply any real pressure, the bristles don't get splayed out the way a toothbrush can over time. If you leave your brush in a wet/humid environment and it does not get a chance to dry between uses, it can get moldy. If that happens, change it right away.

To prevent mold, I blot the brush dry after use and make sure I don't leave it in my shower. I also make sure that I turn the bathroom fan on after I shower and let it run for 20-30 minutes so that the brush isn't left in a humid room. You can also keep rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle and spritz that on the brush to keep bacteria from forming. I do that with makeup brushes.

Valued Contributor

Chynna Blue, thank you. Your suggestions make good sense.  My brush looks clean but it may not be.  I guess my first brush has been no my device waaay too long.

Honored Contributor

@shy bobcat wrote:

Chynna Blue, thank you. Your suggestions make good sense.  My brush looks clean but it may not be.  I guess my first brush has been no my device waaay too long.

Yeah, any brush, especially one in a humid environment, will get bacteria on it over time. Using a brush too long can wreck havoc on your skin.