Frequent Contributor

Re: Clarisonic and Exfoliating Pads

Dr. Rob is the man's name who is on with Clarisonic. He says Clarisonic isn't an exfoliater?  I would challenge him on this and ask what he means by exfoliater. As I said, the term means removing dead skin cells which a face cloth does, thus the Clarisonic brush head does the samething. Need to know his definition of this term.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@marchingalong123 wrote:

Dr. Rob is the man's name who is on with Clarisonic. He says Clarisonic isn't an exfoliater?  I would challenge him on this and ask what he means by exfoliater. As I said, the term means removing dead skin cells which a face cloth does, thus the Clarisonic brush head does the samething. Need to know his definition of this term.

Ah, Dr. Rob, that's it.  Thanks.  @marchingalong123 Your theory would make sense, if the brushes moved more vigorously against the skin, but since the Clarisonic just vibrates, it's not really brushing the face all that much.  In fact, Dr. Schultz addresses that and says the Clarisonic might give some very slight exfoliation but it's nowhere the amount needed or what is provided via chemical exfoliation.

Honored Contributor

No---- the Clarisonic does not exfoliate-- have never heard that claim from any vendor or even a host and my derm dr agrees as well. It deep cleans  and if you are sensitive afterwards than you might be scrubbing and not letting it guide your hand. Also maybe the brush head is too hard. And keep it moving all over your face and not just in a spot. And maybe your cleanser is not as gentle either. I use Skinns cleansers and also Philosophy's cleanser.