Not applicable

Clarisonic and Exfoliating Pads

Hi,

This might be a silly questiion, but I'm a first time user of the clarisonic and I was wondering if exfoliating pads (like Dr. Denese, etc.) can still be used after cleaning with the clarisonic? Would it be too much deep cleaning? I assume that the clarisonic exfoliates as it deep cleans? I have somewhat sensitive skin and have been using Dr. Denese Firming pads for a little while and worry that it might cause irritation after using the clarisonic. What do you do? Thanks.

Re: Clarisonic and Exfoliating Pads

I have this same question and would like to hear input from others.
Esteemed Contributor

I use the Clarisonic Mia & always use a gentle exfoliating pad afterwards.I too have sensitive skin & never had a problem.

Honored Contributor

@a2jrn wrote:

Hi,

This might be a silly questiion, but I'm a first time user of the clarisonic and I was wondering if exfoliating pads (like Dr. Denese, etc.) can still be used after cleaning with the clarisonic? Would it be too much deep cleaning? I assume that the clarisonic exfoliates as it deep cleans? I have somewhat sensitive skin and have been using Dr. Denese Firming pads for a little while and worry that it might cause irritation after using the clarisonic. What do you do? Thanks.

I don't know the vendor's name, but the guy that comes on and does the Clarisonic pitch will never say it exfoliates.  He only promotes it as a cleansing tool.  The only way you'll know what works for you is to experiment and create a routine that meets your needs, whether it's using the Clarisonic and then waiting a little while before using the pads, alternating days between the Clarisonic and the pads, or using the Clarisonic at night and the firming pads in the morning.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes you can. The clarisonic doesn't really exfoliate.

Respected Contributor

I don't know if the Clarisonic exfoliates, per se, but I do know it leaves my skin a little more sensitive (and receptive to products) afterwards, so I tend not to use acid pads that are too strong or irritating right afterwards.  For example, I'm trying to use up some extra-strengh exfoliating pads that a friend gave me from Avon but these tingle enough as it is and more so after I've used the Clarisonic, so I tend to use them when I've cleansed without using the Clarisonic.  HTH

Honored Contributor

The clarisonic does not exfoliate, just cleanses the skin. I exfoliate 2x a week; 1x a day with my Mia. I also use a PTR pad at night with no problems. My skin is very dry, and sensitive but in fantastic shape for my 62 years. I've had my Mia for about 4 years now and love it. Just don't press the brush into your skin like you are scrubbing, lightly glide it over your skin. I use the radiance brush which is fabulous, but also the one for sensitive skin too.

Respected Contributor

Since the Clarisonic claims to exfoliate I would not do both. In fact, I exfoliate once a week and I don't use my Clarisonic on that particular day.

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

Since the Clarisonic claims to exfoliate I would not do both. In fact, I exfoliate once a week and I don't use my Clarisonic on that particular day.

That's exactly what I do as well.......

Frequent Contributor

Exfoliate means to remove dead skin cells. A face cloth will do this and thus so does the Clarisonic. I have very sensitive, reactive skin and would NOT use exfoliating pads with the Clarisonic. I don't think derms would recommend doing this. KISS - keep it simple, stupid. Less is more. I only use the Clarisonic at night to remove all the days debri/make-up.