Trusted Contributor

Re: Clarisonic! Out of Business.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I absolutely hated the one I bought from here. Major broken caps, but I'm very prone to them and I should have known better.  Gave it to a friend and she still uses and loves it.

Honored Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

I'm probably in the minority here, but I absolutely hated the one I bought from here. Major broken caps, but I'm very prone to them and I should have known better.  Gave it to a friend and she still uses and loves it.

@Phantom41 Me too!  I can't imagine how anyone can use that on their face!  I didn't have any until I tried that thing, then got rid of it and had them lasered off at $$$!  I was not happy about that!  

Trusted Contributor

I’m so glad I got to see this. I just charged mine up after years of non use. All brushes are sold out at Ulta. My store has in stock. 50% off.
Honored Contributor

clarisonic.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

I've used the generic brushes for a while now and have had no problems. They are a lot less expensive. I've always gotten them on ebay.

Honored Contributor

long time ago i switched over to the foreo luna and the pop sonic leaf brands. they do such a better job on my skin than the clarisonics did and are much easier to keep clean.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@SandySparkles I used one of those rodary face cleaners from Clarasonic with the gentle brush choice when they first came out.  Not having any sun damage to speak of, it tore my skin off!Smiley Sad

@ECBG 

Sorry that happened to you. My reaction wasn’t as severe, but it definitely irritated my skin. I bought it to deep clean pores & clear up acne. Made things worse. Gave mine away. 

Super Contributor

I bought an ultrasonic face cleaning device from another brand several years ago. It worked well for about 4 years and then stopped charging.. I bought a Clarisonic about two years ago and was a bit disappointed in it. The previous brand I had owned had more features and I had liked their brushes better. For what they charge for their product I can understand why people would go with other brands. If you are going to charge more you need to offer more bang for the buck.

Actually, you do not need such a device to get your face clean. I always took off my makeup before using the ultrasonic device. Otherwise you are just pushing dirt and makeup into your pours. You can wash your face twice and get just as clean if you do it' right. The regular Clarisonic never claimed to exfoliate anyway.

Honored Contributor

@Phantom41 wrote:

I had the same issues @Phantom41 . My dermatologist told me a good amount of her practice were patients who had broken caps from the Clarisonic. I wonder if the company went out of business because of some litigious customers. Makes me wonder...

Regular Contributor

Information was posted on temptalia dot com yesterday.  A portion of the post is below:

Clarisonic announced its shutting down officially September 30th, 2020, and they’ve put everything 50% off (while supplies last). Per the brand, they are shutting down so that their parent, L’Oreal, can “focus [their] attention on other core business offerings.”