Honored Contributor

Re: Clarisonic! Out of Business.

@SandySparkles wrote:

@ECBG  😲OUCHHHH! I can certainly understand why you are not a fan- assuming you are not.😐

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles When I was a stylist for Dillards the year after I retired from teaching, they pushed those machines hard to employees at a special price.  I thought "Great".  I think I took it back, I may have thrown it out in those days.

With the "baby boomers" being such a large group, I'm sure I'm not the only one that had an issue.  It was then I learned about exfoliating acids.

Honored Contributor

I just couldn't get into those ultrasonic brushes.  Now, I have always liked using a brush to wash my face, but just didn't care for the ultrasonic ones.  I am big fan of the Olay one that spins though.  Not sure if they still make it, but I do at least have a couple of replacement heads for it.  When I was a teenager, I remember having a handheld spinning brush which I really liked since I had acne prone skin.  It was not completely waterproof though, so you couldn't use it in the shower.  Of course, it didn't last long and they had gone out of business by the time I would've bought another one, so I was extremely happy when Olay came out with theirs, which is a whole lot cheaper too.

Honored Contributor

I just read about this on Temptalia's website. I am very surprised they're going out of business. I have a Clarisonic but hardly use it so it's no big deal to me. Those of you that love it should stock up on the brushes.

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN   thanks for the notice, I better get a few brush heads before they quadruple in price.  I got a few last year at Ulta on clearance.  Super cheap.  I’ve had the original full size one from at least 2010 or 2012.  Do remember when the TSVs seemed like monthly.  

Super Contributor

Thank you so, so much for the notice about this. I am really heartbroken about the company going out of business. I remember purchasing my first brush from Dr. Rob. He seemed like such an intelligent, nice guy.  

I ran to the Clarisonic website and items were selling out as I was trying to put them in my cart. I did manage to purchase four brushes but they were not my first choices. I guess when I go through them in about a year, my device will be useless. I may go on some other websites and try to get a few more brush heads. I'm in panic mode, lol. 

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe it's because other companies came out with sonic brushes for the face, that cost half as much as a Claisonic.

Why spend over $100, when you can get a sonic face cleaning brush for half that?

I know that I wouldn't spend more for the same thing.

That's more money in MY pocket.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Not surprised as they seem to have been promoting Michael Todd for the past year.  Bought 2 of their sonic face brushes for Christmas gifts last year.  Very reasonably priced too.

Respected Contributor

My 6 year old MIA unit is still going strong.  I have a backup MIA still in the box and several boxes of brush heads.  

I don't change the heads as frequently as they said.....I can go longer.  I only use mine at night, and never in the shower.  Wash the bristles with antibacterial soap after each use, and ley dry.

I am not really surprised they went under.  Their brush heads are too expensive...I got generic ones on Amazon for a fraction of the price ( I haven't  seen them in awhile, though).   When my stash is used up, I will find something else to use....I tried some microfiber pads that do a nice job.

Super Contributor

If anyone is still wanting to purchase brush heads and the Clarisonic site is sold out, I just went to the beauty site that starts with an U, they still have some brushes but they are also going faaassssst.  U is also selling the brushes for 50% off.  

Respected Contributor

It may not have been competition alone that troubled the company.  It seems that there was a problem with charging the devices.  

I had a relatively new one in my FL condo and this year I went to charge it: nothing happened.  Then I read some reviews and found I was not alone with this issue.

They may have outsourced their manufacturing to a country that had low quality standards.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill