Super Contributor

Clarins tanning drops for your moisturizer...

Has anyone used? I saw great reviews on YOUTUBE and it is now back in stock at Sephora, so I got some today...

New Contributor

Re: Clarins tanning drops for your moisturizer...

I have this product and really like it. It is easy to use and very subtle. You just add a couple of drops to your nighttime moisturizer. It develops slowly over a few days of use and gives a nice color to your skin. Not fake looking at all. It does have that faint small of self tanner but washes right off in the morning.
Honored Contributor

I purchased this two weeks ago and love it. It does give such a nice natural color. I thought for sure I was going to take it back, but I love the result.

Honored Contributor

I've never heard of this, but am interested. Is it only for the face or can you add it to your body lotion as well? Maybe it would be too expensive to do that?

Trusted Contributor

I've seen people on Youtube that have tried this and loved it. It looks tempting.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

I bought this last Summer and it really is nice. Nice way to self tan and it is very natural looking.

Respected Contributor

I'm intrigued also. I will have to check Sephora's website. Is it for the body also?
Honored Contributor

Yes, I like these and the Tarte Maracuja Bronzing Oil. Between the two, I preferred the Tarte because the Clarins drops were more drying, even in my moisturizer. The Tarte drops you can use on their own or mix. Both smell badly while they develop, like most self-tanners. Best to apply not long before going to sleep.

I would definitely NOT recommend these for the body for three reasons:

1)The Clarins bottle is super small and costly, so that's a poor use of resources.

2) It's VERY subtle the first application and you have to do it a few times if you want more than a slight bit of color OR add a lot of drops to the moisturizer - see 1.

3) You would have to mix up enough to do your whole body at one go, which means guessing. If you mix up some, then need more, you risk a different ratio, so you may have one arm or part of an arm darker than another or be spotty all over. You could only do this if you measure precise amounts and again - see 1.