Honored Contributor

During the recent Macy's sale that included their beauty department, I bought, among a couple other items, two Clarins Jolie Rouge lipsticks.

I am very impressed. The formula is one of the moisturizing I've tried but also fairly long-wearing for that type of formula. These are not sheer but not heavily opaque. They are not matte but have subtle sheen to them. I found them very comfortable to wear. Note that they have a slight initial scent/flavor that dissipates quickly.

Their color selection of sixteen shades is better than most I've seen. Here is the site's description:

6 hours of non-stop moisture and hold.
Creamy, moisture-rich formula deposits intense colour and a delicate satin sheen to lips. Enriched with soothing Mango Oil and moisturizing organic Marsh Samphire—Joli Rouge comforts, conditions and nourishes lips for 6 hours. Available in 16 lip-loving shades. Dermatologist-tested.

I bought Soft Berry, which is a beautiful neutral that is pink/rose with a little apricot and maybe a slight bit of brown (excellent reviews on MUA); I also bought Rose Berry, which is a slightly cooler, more rosy shade -- both are easy to wear for those who are maybe not into very bright, bold shades.  I would post pics, but none of them seem to represent the real-life color at all.

This is a pic of the collection of shades, which may or may not be totally current:

lipsticks

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Ohhhhhh dear. I'm a lipstick junkie. Do not tempt me! The colors looks so pretty.

Honored Contributor

Hahaha...my deepest apologies, @DukeBlueNan.

I hope another lipstick junkie will see this as well. Pointing at you, @FUTURE Smiley LOL

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

I have this in Pink Orchid and it is really nice !

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Hahaha...my deepest apologies, @DukeBlueNan.

I hope another lipstick junkie will see this as well. Pointing at you, @FUTURE Smiley LOL

I am laughing so hard right now!! When I saw that you started this thread and the title I thought, "uh oh..... @suzyQ3 Is about to call me out!!!" Lol!! Thanks for the heads up. My local Macy's didn't have an actual Clarins counter. I looked at a few of their lippies during that sale, but opted for a Lancome gloss, instead. I'll have to check out the Clarins next time. That second one you mentioned sounds like it's right up my alley!

Honored Contributor

To anyone who happened to see my update thread about these lipsticks being discontinued, that turned out to be bad information from the phone rep.

I e-mailed the question on their site and received a reply that they are still very current. They are on the site. I have no idea why they I couldn't find them yesterday.

I'm very glad, though, that I was given incorrect information at first. Sorry if anyone interested had read my update thread.