Contributor

Has anyone ever used this eyeliner?  I'm looking for an easy to use liner for tightlining, and saw a video where the gal used this liner.

Frequent Contributor

I never got this to work for me.  It's not like a regular eyeliner, where you just lay down a continuous line of product along your eye.  This product is intended to lay down tiny dots of product inbetween your eyelashes, so it looks like you have fuller lash line.  While I liked the idea of this, I never got the right look -- the dots were misplaced and noticeable, sometimes smeared, etc.  It definitely would not work for tightlining.  However, my attempt was years ago, maybe they've improved the product or you'll be more skilled at it than I was.  If you decide to try, I'd love your review.  

Honored Contributor

@Clearsunshine wrote:

Has anyone ever used this eyeliner?  I'm looking for an easy to use liner for tightlining, and saw a video where the gal used this liner.

@Clearsunshine   There are 2 easier tightlining methods I've used. One is a soft waterproof pencil. I used to use Mally's, but now impossible to find. I use Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencils...black for between lashes and navy for upper water line. 

My other technique uses waterproof Bobbi Brown (or any other) gel liner in a pot check that's it's waterproof, not water resistant) & a fine brush. After loading the brush w/ gel, place the gel liner in dots or a line right under or between the lashes. To finish the thicker lash look, also line in the water line. This fills in any flesh showing between lashes that you missed.

Yes, takes practice, but once you get it, it makes a big difference in the definition of the eyes. 

Esteemed Contributor

You can use this for lining on top as well, tightly. It seems to be a more precise and easier application than if using a liquid liner brush, which you would also be able to dot on, too.

Haven't visited the Clarins counter in a long time, so thanks for mentioning this!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   Have you ever tried Clinique?  They have two soft eyeliner pencils with smudge sponge on the opposite end and reasonably priced.  FYI

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Thanks @Katcat1 . Will check it out.