Super Contributor

Clarifying sulfate free shampoo that’s not expensive?

hi everyone! i’m looking for a clarifying sulfate free shampoo that’s not too expensive. i’ve found one from sally’s beauty supply, but it costs $8 a bottle in which I got as a freebee and I love it,but i’m not willing to pay that (it’s not even 15 oz.). any help would be appreciated! ps..it’s got to be both clarifying and sulfate free. 

thanks! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Clarifying sulfate free shampoo that’s not expensive?

@Justholdingon 

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions... just an observation.... That doesn't seem like a bad price at all, especially since you love the product.  

Honored Contributor

I'm looking for a new sulfate free shampoo too that's less expensive than the one I buy (you don't want to know how much it is!!).  Eight dollars a bottle sound like a bargain!  What's the name of the one you found?

Honored Contributor

8 dollars for 15 ounces is very reasonable I have paid that for 1/2 the amount of shampoo

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

it’s a 10.5 oz. bottle and the brand name is Ion sold at sally beauty supply. it runs about $8/ bottle. it’s safe for color treated hair and very gentle. 

it’s expensive when I have to shampoo everyday which is why i’m looking for something that costs less.  guess i’ll poke  around in the stores or wait until I get coupons from sallys 😁. 

thanks for all your help! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Apple cider vinegar makes for a very good clarifying agent for hair and scalp. It's a healthy alternative for those looking to reduce using chemicals on your hair and scalp. That's about as cheap as it gets.

Honored Contributor

@Justholdingon wrote:

it’s a 10.5 oz. bottle and the brand name is Ion sold at sally beauty supply. it runs about $8/ bottle. it’s safe for color treated hair and very gentle. 

it’s expensive when I have to shampoo everyday which is why i’m looking for something that costs less.  guess i’ll poke  around in the stores or wait until I get coupons from sallys 😁. 

thanks for all your help! 

@Justholdingon, I always considered that clarifying shampoos, no matter the claims, should used occasionally but not daily.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Johnson's Tear Free Baby Shampoo.  

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Johnson's Tear Free Baby Shampoo.  

That has sulfates.

Honored Contributor

I just washed and conditioned my hair about 15 minutes ago with Acure Curiously Clarifying Lemongrass & Argan.  Each bottle is 12 ounces and is priced at $9.99 on the Acure website.

I usually wait for a sale.

But the brand is also available -- and discounted -- at local "natural food" stores and on sites like Vitacost.

Acure

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~