Frequent Contributor

Clarifying shampoo options......

Apparently I got an old hair product that left residue on my hair........it's rather dry and you can actually see "stuff" on the ends if you look closely.  Just had it cut and she didn't want to cut it shorter to get it all off.  She said to get some clarifying shampoo and use it every other time I shampoo until it's gone and then maybe once a week.  I went to Sally's and they were out of their Ion brand...........the girl kept trying to sell me other things and they either weren't for color treated hair or weren't what I really needed.  To order it the shipping would be more than the product.  Getting it sent to the store didn't seem to be an option.  Anyone have one they've used and got good results with?  Today I used my Purity Made Simple.......I've heard the Philosophy people say it does help with build up.....I figured it couldn't hurt.........didn't work, but I'll do it a few more times.

Thanks in advance..........

Trusted Contributor

Re: Clarifying shampoo options......

I use the OUAI Detox Shampoo (clarifying) once a week. It works great and is all natural, none of the bad stuff in it. 

Honored Contributor

@deeW 

I use this.  It doesn't smell great.  Lately I have mixed it with blue Dawn, and then 50% of my regular shampoo.

Anti-Residue Shampoo | Neutrogena®

Respected Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

I use the OUAI Detox Shampoo (clarifying) once a week. It works great and is all natural, none of the bad stuff in it. 

This is exactly what I use and once a week too.  It is the best I've ever tried, brings your hair back to health and shine and LIFE!

Honored Contributor

My DD swears by Suave daily clarifying shampoo. She has used it for years and always comes back to it if she tries anything else.

Honored Contributor

I've always used vinegar. I also don't color my hair so I can use it without any issues.

Esteemed Contributor

you can't beat Suave Clarifying Shampoo, and it's about a buck a bottle. 

It has other uses too.

I wash my white kitchen blinds (in the bathtub) in Suave Clarifying once a year. It'll easiy remove aged filmy buildup of cooking grease and all the super tiny particles of "whatever" that might be stuck in it.

Valued Contributor

I use Paul Mitchel Clarifying Shampoo.

Esteemed Contributor

Another vote here for Suave Clarifying Shampoo!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@deeW 

I use this.  It doesn't smell great.  Lately I have mixed it with blue Dawn, and then 50% of my regular shampoo.

Anti-Residue Shampoo | Neutrogena®

@lolakimono   I use this, too and mine is unscented.