Esteemed Contributor

Re: Clarifying Shampoo + ReMoist = Heaven!

On 9/22/2014 bruingirl said:
On 9/22/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Thanks, bg!!! You are always welcome!

I use enough pumps, work the CC in, add the water, and do all the other Solutions to Newbie Mistakes. I don't have hard water. I started using Frizz Ease after my hair got longer and thicker and outgrew Wen. The build up occurred over the course of 10 months.

I take pause with using a new Wen CC (CA) to remove Wen build up.

hmmmm have you tried using the Glossing Serum mixed with VTS in place of the Frizz Ease? When I completely air dry my hair (I'm a 3B - curly spirally) the last thing I apply to wet hair is a mix of GS and VTS and softly scrunch my hair to get the curls going...then hands off til it's dry, then I shake the roots a bit to break up the curl...otherwise my curls like to bunch up together and hold on to each other for dear life! LOL!!!

bg, you are a mindreader!

I just ordered a SAM kit with a 32 ounce CC, SC, RM and VTS.

I was going to ask the Wenners if there were other uses for the VTS because I definitely don't need the volume.

I have very good success with the GS on dry (2nd day) hair. It's not something I need to buy again because my non-Wen serums do the same.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/22/2014 okiebug said:

RyBelle, what do you expect of an astringent cleanser? Why do you think it has to dry your hair out to cleanse your scalp? When you used CA, was your scalp clean? Then it did it's job. Moisture and clean aren't mutually exclusive.

HonnyBrown, if you won't try CA, you won't know.

It's an astringent CC and my scalp isn't oily.

And again:

okie, I'm kindly asking for your opinion right here: what do I do when I get build up? How do I prevent it?

I asked here in the forums about various symptoms and got a great deal of suggestions. None of them either worked or applied to my situation.

And again, if shampooing allows some of us to use Wen to it's fullest potential, why do you have a problem with that?

Trusted Contributor

On 9/22/2014 RyBelle said:

I use enough pumps, work the CC in, add the water, and do all the other Solutions to Newbie Mistakes. I don't have hard water. I started using Frizz Ease after my hair got longer and thicker and outgrew Wen. The build up occurred over the course of 10 months.

hmmmm have you tried using the Glossing Serum mixed with VTS in place of the Frizz Ease? When I completely air dry my hair (I'm a 3B - curly spirally) the last thing I apply to wet hair is a mix of GS and VTS and softly scrunch my hair to get the curls going...then hands off til it's dry, then I shake the roots a bit to break up the curl...otherwise my curls like to bunch up together and hold on to each other for dear life! LOL!!!

I'm a 2C curly myself, how do you use the VTS?! I have a bottle now from the TSV and for the life of me I can't get it to work!

On an unrelated note, today I went to spray the BGT 6oz. RTM on my face and accidentally sprayed the VTS since they look identical - you can imagine how confused I was {#emotions_dlg.lol}

In my hand I use 1 pump of GS followed by 2 sprays of VTS....rub my hands together to mix and apply to the left side of my hair....then I do the same for the right side. You can also use the VTS as a root lifter before blow drying...I don't do this as I'm a rare breed that doesn't like a lot of volume! it's a running joke between me, Danny and Chaz....they love doing a blow out with ginormous volume on me LOL!

live....laugh....love
Trusted Contributor

bg, you are a mindreader!

I just ordered a SAM kit with a 32 ounce CC, SC, RM and VTS.

I was going to ask the Wenners if there were other uses for the VTS because I definitely don't need the volume.

I have very good success with the GS on dry (2nd day) hair. It's not something I need to buy again because my non-Wen serums do the same.

you can use the VTS as a finishing spray...but try it on wet hair mixed with GS...you may need more GS and VTS depending on the texture of you hair....my hair is medium texture.

live....laugh....love
Esteemed Contributor

bg, thank you for the instructions!!!!! My goodness, I love this forum!

My hair is 4c and chin length and I can't wait to try this combo! I'll try it out on Saturday while I watch QVC!!

Super Contributor

RyBelle, what do you expect of an astringent cleanser? Why do you think it has to dry your hair out to cleanse your scalp? When you used CA, was your scalp clean? Then it did it's job. Moisture and clean aren't mutually exclusive.

I just expected something a little bit, I don't know...deeper cleansing? It's so hard to explain because normal Wen cleans my hair perfectly fine (with the exception of the hard water deposits that tend to stay with me till I use shampoo), but since CA is marketed as taking it a step beyond I thought it might feel somewhat different than the other CC's; that's why I was so surprised that it ended up performing on my hair the way Fig seems to perform on others.
Super Contributor

It's an astringent CC and my scalp isn't oily.

And again:

okie, I'm kindly asking for your opinion right here: what do I do when I get build up? How do I prevent it?

I asked here in the forums about various symptoms and got a great deal of suggestions. None of them either worked or applied to my situation.

And again, if shampooing allows some of us to use Wen to it's fullest potential, why do you have a problem with that?

CA isn't just for oily scalps - it's used to clarify hair of chlorine after swimming, some use it as first cleanse after an oil treatment.

Bruingirl gave you great advice. What do you consider "build up"? People have different ideas, so I'm honestly wanting to know.

Esteemed Contributor

Okie, please see above.

I don't have hard water or chlorine in my water.

My build up symptoms: no menthol tingling, yellowed grays, CCs not functioning as expected.

You are so judgmental to those of us who need another option, yet you don't provide one.

Super Contributor

Honny, I meant it's not just for oily scalp, not that those were your problems. I'm sorry, I don't feel this conversation will get us anywhere. You're obviously convinced that what you're doing is best for your hair ("Heaven"), so let's just leave it like that.

Esteemed Contributor

okie, thanks for not answering my questions.

That says a LOT!

Before I forget: {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}