Esteemed Contributor

Re: Clarifying Shampoo + ReMoist = Heaven!

On 9/22/2014 terrier3 said:
On 9/22/2014 bruingirl said:

clarifying shampoo? no way!! not on my 8 years+ using wen only hair....seriously I cannot imagine using shampoo let alone a stripping clarifying one...nope, not gonna do it LOL!

Guess what?

It works.

Your hair won't fall out...your color won't get stripped. Chaz won't show up at your door, with a disappointed look on his face.

It's works - I do it now at least once a month and my hair and scalp are in better condition than ever.

terrier, you are so right! It works well.

In 10 months, I didn't think I would shampoo. When the effects of all that build up on my hair kicked in and my hair revolted against everything good for weeks, my Pantene Curly saved the day.

Shampoo + Wen are not options for everyone.

Build up is not an option for me!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

On 9/22/2014 HonnyBrown said:

clarifying shampoo? no way!! not on my 8 years+ using wen only hair....seriously I cannot imagine using shampoo let alone a stripping clarifying one...nope, not gonna do it LOL!

Guess what?

It works.

Your hair won't fall out...your color won't get stripped. Chaz won't show up at your door, with a disappointed look on his face.

It's works - I do it now at least once a month and my hair and scalp are in better condition than ever.

terrier, you are so right! It works well.

In 10 months, I didn't think I would shampoo. When the effects of all that build up on my hair kicked in and my hair revolted against everything good for weeks, my Pantene Curly saved the day.

Shampoo + Wen are not options for everyone.

Build up is not an option for me!

Preach, HB! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

But in all seriousness, you really do need to do what you need to do - for some, a Wen and shampoo coexistence isn't something they need, but for others, it kickstarts our hair and reminds it of why it loves Wen in the first place.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/22/2014 RyBelle said:

Every time I see you post I feel so much envy and wish I could be you - is Chaz as amazing in person?

I know he'd be freaking out at Wenners doing clarifying shampoo {#emotions_dlg.lol}

awwww thanks! and yes he's amazing in person and because I do know him IRL it makes those personal attacks hard to stomach and sometimes I will say something...but I digress, sorry! another thread is bugging me right now LOL!!

I can only imagine the look on his face if I said 'hey, you know how some are using the remoist....after using a clarifying shampoo"! LOL!! He knows people still use curling irons, flat irons, hot rollers, metal brushes...etc I think this is why he emphasizes the importance of repairing hair with remoist and using the oils on the scalp to help remedy the damaging effects of those hot tools I mentioned....again I digress......

live....laugh....love
Trusted Contributor

Guess what?

It works.

Your hair won't fall out...your color won't get stripped. Chaz won't show up at your dor, with a disappointed look on his face.

Guess what? I don't have a need to clarify Smiley Wink Smiley Wink

live....laugh....love
Super Contributor

On 9/22/2014 RyBelle said:

Every time I see you post I feel so much envy and wish I could be you - is Chaz as amazing in person?

I know he'd be freaking out at Wenners doing clarifying shampoo {#emotions_dlg.lol}

awwww thanks! and yes he's amazing in person and because I do know him IRL it makes those personal attacks hard to stomach and sometimes I will say something...but I digress, sorry! another thread is bugging me right now LOL!!

I can only imagine the look on his face if I said 'hey, you know how some are using the remoist....after using a clarifying shampoo"! LOL!! He knows people still use curling irons, flat irons, hot rollers, metal brushes...etc I think this is why he emphasizes the importance of repairing hair with remoist and using the oils on the scalp to help remedy the damaging effects of those hot tools I mentioned....again I digress......

I can imagine it must be tough with all the personal attacks - this board gets pretty heated and it must be hard to just kind of sit back and watch {#emotions_dlg.sad}

My hair is def much more healthy, and the treatments make it much better, so I hope Chaz knows he really DOES make a huge impact on most of us here, even if the nasty posts get in the way sometimes {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Super Contributor

Guess what?

It works.

Your hair won't fall out...your color won't get stripped. Chaz won't show up at your dor, with a disappointed look on his face.

BG - I'm with you all the way - I haven't needed to clarify in 8 years. I'm not a client of Chaz, but I'm sure he's aware there are those that always think they know better than the creator of a product.

Honored Contributor

On 9/22/2014 okiebug said:

Guess what?

It works.

BG - I'm with you all the way - I haven't needed to clarify in 8 years. I'm not a client of Chaz, but I'm sure he's aware there are those that always think they know better than the creator of a product.

When the product STOPS working and my hair turned into a greasy mess....clarifying shampoo brought back the bounce & made the WEN CCs work for me again.

I don't care who knows what - I just know what worked for my hair.

Isn't it great that we all have our own ways to use these great products to get maximum results?

Esteemed Contributor

okie, yes, we all know that you don't get build up and haven't needed to use shampoo in the 8 years you've been Wenning. I'm happy for you.

But for those of us who do get build up (or whatever), what do you suggest? Why do you so obviously have a problem with those of use who need to add shampoo to our Wen regimens?

Super Contributor

I apologize, I've had a rough day and hit send before I should have. I do have a problem with you using shampoo, you could do so much better, but I shouldn't correct you.

I was a teenager when I read about Philip Kingsley and trichology, a branch of dermatology about hair and scalp health. I had such horrible hair, I tried everything available, from high end to drug store to DIY. When I found WEN, I understood the concept behind it - and I love my hair and love the cleansing process.

You asked for my suggestion - You are new to WEN and are still thinking of it as shampoo/conditioner. It isn't. Read the threads on this forum about using WEN.

Esteemed Contributor

okie, I'm kindly asking for your opinion right here: what do I do when I get build up? How do I prevent it?

I asked here in the forums about various symptoms and got a great deal of suggestions. None of them either worked or applied to my situation.

And again, if shampooing allows some of us to use Wen to it's fullest potential, why do you have a problem with that?