Super Contributor

Clairol True To Light Makeup Mirror

[ Edited ]

Back in the mid 70s I bought a Clairol True to Light makeup mirror. I LOVED it! It was the kind that adjusted the light settings for day, evening, office and home. It had a center mirror that was both regular on one side and magnified on the other. It had 2 side mirrors and a place in the front to plug in a curling iron.

I used it a minimum of 5 days a week until last October when it died. I have changed the bulbs and my neighbor's son is an electrician and he looked at it for me and pronounced it dead. I have looked everywhere. I went on Amazon - no luck. I went on eBay but none of them looked like they were in very good condition. Mine was in excellent condition til it died. I found some Remingtons that looked the same but they are no longer made and Clairol got out of the electric appliance market years ago. Boo Hoo Hoo!

My DD wanted a lighted round makeup mirror for Christmas and so I went on Amazon and was looking through their offerings and miracle of miracles I found my makeup mirror. It's a Jerdon but is exactly like my old Clairol. Everything was there - the mirrors, the adjustable lights, the curling iron plug in! I ordered it and it came yesterday. I'm here to tell you - it's the old Clairol - same color and all. I still have the old one and I compared the two - the same!

I used it last night to go out and it was perfect. If the Q brought these in they would make a fortune off of the beauty junkies.

It's called the Jerdon Classic JGL9W Lighted Tri-fold Mirror, 5x Magnification. 

Edited to remove link to an outside company.

Re: Clairol True To Light Makeup Mirror

Thank you so much for sharing. I have tried two other mirrors with no success and did come across the mirror that you suggested but was not sure of it. I may consider to order this one.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the recommendation.  I had the Clairol True-to-Light too, back in the day.  I'm in the process of redoing a couple of bedrooms.  One will be a guest room and the other is kind of up for grabs.  I have a desk that I'm going to redo and am seriously thinking about making it a vanity where I can do my makeup.  I've saved the mirror link so I can order if my plan actually takes place.

Honored Contributor

How wonderful for you! Priced right too! When we remodeled our main floor bathroom I chose a Jerdon swing arm wall mounted make up mirror. Mine has normal image & 7X magnification on the reverse. It is brushed nickel finish. Check Amazon for Jerdon wall mounted makeup mirrors. I’ve been very pleased with this mirror. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I got one at Walmart a couple years ago .

Honored Contributor

The original post in this thread is from 2012!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

The original post in this thread is from 2012!

@gidgetgh just be the front runner for oldest dug up thread!..😜

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh@Suebdoo

But the link still works and Amazon still carries this mirror, LOL !

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett