Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone tried this? It is farily new, I think. Color gel from a tube that you apply with a built-in soft brush. I like that there is enough for more than 1 application.

However, it dispensed so dark (let's just say, black) - the medium brown - that I didn't let it on for the full 10 minutes. Supposed to last for up to 12 hair washings.

Respected Contributor

Re: Clairol Root Touch Up - new

I have used it - the medium golden brown and I left it on for just 8 minutes since I thought it was getting too dark.  However, after a few washings, it is a lovely golden medium brown.  I am really pleased with the product.

Trusted Contributor

I am trying to age gracefully now, I have let my hair grow  "salt and pepper".

For years after the beginning of my womanhood, I was blonde, then my hair were in the red  shades, then black (jet black), I then turned to have them bleached baby blonde, then brunette and now salt and pepper and they will stay that way.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Respected Contributor

I looked at that at one time - it was just as expensive as the whole-head color kit, so I went with the whole head kit.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

All I use are the root touch up products. They are not nearly as messy as full size coloring kits.

Honored Contributor

I have been using Revlon Root Erase, I like it. I'm going to CVS tomorrow to pick up my prescription, I'll check this out.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

All I use are the root touch up products. They are not nearly as messy as full size coloring kits.

I would never go back to coloring my whole head of hair myself, I did a terrible job at it. I use the root coverups to stretch out my salon appointment (where I go he raised the prices of the services so I try to get another two weeks out of my hair). It is so much easier to do.

Trusted Contributor

I loved thier original version. I have to order it from amazon or ebay now. Haven't tried this new one.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

My hair dresser told me that you can do “root touch” with regular boxed hair color. You can use just half of the color and developer. Just save the other half to use for your next root touch. Just be sure to close the bottles really good. You can get two root touch ups per box. It works.......🙋🏻‍♀️
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was very pleased with it. I bought in a local TJ Maxx for $5.99. It's enough for three root coverups. I am very very pleased. Canceled my hair coloring appointment.