Honored Contributor

Cica or tiger grass in facial products -- any experience with this?

I guess this has been around a lot time but I am just recently seeing it.  I was looking on line for some type of products for sensitive skin and irritation and also redness and found several articles and information about this ingredient.  A lot of this information states that its really great for healing and used in so many products.  I even found that Avon has some products that have this ingredient and I was intrigued.  Also, on line, I saw a bunch of products by a Dr. Jart.

Anyone have any experience with this ingredient?  

Thanks!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cica or tiger grass in facial products -- any experience with this?

I have sensitive, allergy prone skin and would never try a product like this.  Too big a risk.

Honored Contributor

Isomers has one, never tried it. 

Contributor

I am regularly using Dr. Jart's tiger grass color correcting treatment and really like it.  I now use it as my foundation and sunscreen step because it does a good job of taking out the redness from my chin, lip, and nose areas.  My skin is clearer and brighter in general, but I can't be certain that can be attributed solely to the tiger grass cc cream as I started using Skinn's divine elixir around the same time, but it is a keeper for me because of its utility in my routine. I also like that it is physical sunscreen. It is very thick and sticky and so the texture may not work for everyone. I find it that it sinks in easily so that doesn't bother me and it is my last step. They have it at Sephora and so you can try it before buying it. 

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I guess this has been around a lot time but I am just recently seeing it.  I was looking on line for some type of products for sensitive skin and irritation and also redness and found several articles and information about this ingredient.  A lot of this information states that its really great for healing and used in so many products.  I even found that Avon has some products that have this ingredient and I was intrigued.  Also, on line, I saw a bunch of products by a Dr. Jart.

Anyone have any experience with this ingredient?  

Thanks!!! 

Trusted Contributor

I have tried the tiger grass cream and lots of other stuff, such as Paula's Choice. I have never found anything that helped or covered redness. If you do, please post.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for your replies!

I have really sensitive skin with rosacea so I have been mulling it over.  I have been reading that it's supposed to be good for sensitive skin and redness.  Hmmm --- will have to give this some more thought!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Thanks for your replies!

I have really sensitive skin with rosacea so I have been mulling it over.  I have been reading that it's supposed to be good for sensitive skin and redness.  Hmmm --- will have to give this some more thought!

I was having a rosacea/eczema flare up last year on my chin. Tried everything including the Dr. Jart Cicapair products (serum, cream, mask). I did not find it to be helpful, to my surprise as I had used the serum on another area and it did calm that patch down.