Respected Contributor

Christie, herself, has disclosed that she had work done,  it’s not just hearsay.

This is a Harpers Bazaar article: Christie Brinkley Opens Up About Using Non-Invasive Anti-Aging Procedures.

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

I read an online article from People magazine where Christie said she  had Xeomin (pronounced ZEOmin), which is an injectable that temporarily improves the look of frown lines between the eyebrows.

It works by blocking the transmission of signals from nerves to the muscles, which causes muscles to relax and appear smoother.

A single treatment runs from $300-$500.

She also got Ultherapy, a non-invasive procedure that uses ultrasound technology to stimulate collagen and elastin production in order to lift skin on the neck and improve lines and wrinkles on the décolletage. 

Prices average $1,800 per area treated,

I have a problem with celebrities going on television telling us how good we will look if we use their makeup, skincare, etc.

In reality, would they look as good if they didn't have all that expensive tweaking?

@forsythia1

I knew she had tweaks [duh] but many do on here and I know many who do [my friends]. Geesh I will do it too but it does cost Smiley Sad

I think highly of her she is open about that..these are really nothing big deals.

Good for her. Wish I had that kinda money to get pampered and fixed up ...a bit lol.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

wrote:

Christy's persona is one of a really nice woman who just happened to be born beautiful. I think for all women who have gained a lot because of their beauty getting older is very difficult. She may have had to have a few procedures to make sure the rose is not off the bloom but let's face it....the next few years won't be easy if she is using her appearance to sell something.

With great beauty comes the realization that it takes far more than good skin care to continue to look terrific. We all age and I think that is why it is so important to have something else beside our beauty to fall back on when the years start catching up with us......

@Trinity11  Quite well said. 👏🏻

Trusted Contributor

Re: Christy Brinkley

[ Edited ]

wrote:

wrote:

To the person who said Christy has had a lot of plastic surgery;  A little jealous are you?  Actually she happens to be one of the few NATURAL beauties, so I don’t know where you get your information from.  In addition , you think just working out on Total Gym keeps her in such great shape?  How about adding to that a super healthy diet.  Staying in shape takes work, it’s not just one thing.

I must admit how does anyone know or think she as had work done if she did not disclose it?  Christy works hard every day of her life to look good with or without a Dr.'s help.  I do not remember ever hearing or reading from her that she had a procedure at some point.  Just because they can does not mean they have.

@beckyb1012I just read @forsythia1 mentioned Christy mentioned she does get tweaked..I like that honestly. One who does this w/a good doc looks great. Little here and there is best!

I wish I could ...well I can get Botox and may be soon and I will do it 2 times a year.

Tried it 3 times in 15 years lol...just for fun since I was 46 or so and thought why not? however it gave me look weird like the Joker!

I've no idea how the hosts who get it and many do yet look quite good/the same and not very unnatural to me with their with Botox. I went to a good dr too. Maybe it was just my type of face?? who knows.

I do know my bff's soon to be DIL has been getting it in her 20's and still does, she's about 26 now! I do not think that's wise...just my humble opinion.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

I always thought she was the Great American Beauty and she looks great now too. I'm not interested in anything she's selling though.

Super Contributor

wrote:

I read an online article from People magazine where Christie said she  had Xeomin (pronounced ZEOmin), which is an injectable that temporarily improves the look of frown lines between the eyebrows.

It works by blocking the transmission of signals from nerves to the muscles, which causes muscles to relax and appear smoother.

A single treatment runs from $300-$500.

She also got Ultherapy, a non-invasive procedure that uses ultrasound technology to stimulate collagen and elastin production in order to lift skin on the neck and improve lines and wrinkles on the décolletage. 

Prices average $1,800 per area treated,

I have a problem with celebrities going on television telling us how good we will look if we use their makeup, skincare, etc.

In reality, would they look as good if they didn't have all that expensive tweaking?

NO.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

Taja123 Her DAUGHTER Alexa is engaged not Christy!

Thanks, @Danielle46; I misunderstood her. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

Plastic surgery does not make someone physically beautiful.... look a Joan Rivers....  enough said....

Christy Brinkley was and is just a physically beautiful human being... aging as we all do.  Any work she had done just is helping to keep her looking  a bit younger than her 64 years.... but her physical beauty is just her birth given gift....   THAT  can not be made with plastic surgery.  

Christy is just beautiful.

Yes, @SeaMaiden, she is just beautiful. We all could do everything Christy does and exercise as she does, and eat exactly as she does; however and unfortunately, it will not make us as beautiful as Christy Brinkley nor gives us her physique or skin.

I would be interested in what make-up she wears, b/c since she's 64 she would want a foundation that was good for a mature skin. Same with blush and lipstick, etc. It's not going to make me look like her, or give me her skin, but it's obviously not made for a teenager's skin but a mature skin. 

This is why I don't think it matters how much "work" one has when selling skin care or cosmetics. 

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

To the person who said Christy has had a lot of plastic surgery;  A little jealous are you?  Actually she happens to be one of the few NATURAL beauties, so I don’t know where you get your information from.  In addition , you think just working out on Total Gym keeps her in such great shape?  How about adding to that a super healthy diet.  Staying in shape takes work, it’s not just one thing.

I must admit how does anyone know or think she as had work done if she did not disclose it?  Christy works hard every day of her life to look good with or without a Dr.'s help.  I do not remember ever hearing or reading from her that she had a procedure at some point.  Just because they can does not mean they have.

Gravity does not play favorites. Christy is blessed with beauty, but she has to age as every human does. I've not heard of any skin care that will LIFT what age and gravity has dropped. Retinol is the only actual product that has proven successful. And that does not lift. 

The healthier you are w/o weight ups and downs, and the less of a fat face you have, it stands to reason the less gravity has to fall. The same with your entire body. But even angular faces and slim bodies will still fall with gravity. 

Some age way better than others, but time and gravity is the great equalizer.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

@beckyb1012I just read @forsythia1 mentioned Christy mentioned she does get tweaked..I like that honestly. One who does this w/a good doc looks great. Little here and there is best!

I wish I could ...well I can get Botox and may be soon and I will do it 2 times a year.

Tried it 3 times in 15 years lol...just for fun since I was 46 or so and thought why not? however it gave me look weird like the Joker!

I've no idea how the hosts who get it and many do yet look quite good/the same and not very unnatural to me with their with Botox. I went to a good dr too. Maybe it was just my type of face?? who knows.

I do know my bff's soon to be DIL has been getting it in her 20's and still does, she's about 26 now! I do not think that's wise...just my humble opinion.

@mimi5775 Hi. Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeons are the best bet to getting a natural look with Botox and fillers. My best friend’s husband who is the above (and also did my breast reconstruction after a double mastectomy....He’s board certified in many fields of plastic sugery), told me that many docs, dentists, medi spa employees, massage therapists at chain massage venues, etc. receive 6 week’s training to qualify for injecting Botox/fillers. Anyone can apply and pass...lasers, too. That’s why some have poor outcomes...the wrong muscles are paralyzed distorting the face.  younger women who begin w/ Botox, have less chance that the wrinkles become permanent & then having to be filled. He injected me with a saline filler (just to see if I liked the look...the saline can be withdrawn within minutes or allowed to dissipate in 24 hrs.). I wasn’t sold 10 yrs. ago, but may be ready now to try actual fillers to add volume under eyes, a little in cheeks...have high cheekbones, so don’t need much, a tiny bit in lines nose to mouth (nasolabial folds).....tiny tweaks that look natural. Because of decades of retin a and sunscreen, I only have very few superficial wrinkles in crows feet area that would need Botox. I wouldn’t let anyone but my doc touch my face. BTW, Botox can be used in neck bands to smooth it out a bit...not firm or tighten. 

This is not an inexpensive venture if I decide to do it...Botox in this area of country (w/ plastic surgeon is $600 each time...I would’t do the 4 month intervals, but twice a yr. and fillers once a year (new ones can go deeper & last that long...$2500....a lot of money NOT to age). Other areas of the country (lg. cities) probably cost more. 

Also at almost 70, I would not want anything but the most subtle change, like a restful vacation. Would I continue after 70? Not sure....kind of late in the game, but I did want to think carefully until I felt it was something that could look natural and not go crazy filling every area of my face and get that bloated, chipmunk look we see on celebrities...of course my doctor would never agree to that. 

I’ll keep you posted if I go through w/ it. If yes, not until mid-June before my July 70th birthday bash.